Thread: no more netstat....

Banned

Angry no more netstat....

Hello.
    Hi i've just recently upgraded to win XP, with linux redhat 9.0 as dual boot.
    and now my problem is that i cannot perform any of the Netstat options in MsDos mode...
    I know that everything was installed properly as i paid for it all to be done by a computing company..
    And i was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem..?
    Would i have to reinstall anything.
    If yes then what shall i reinstall.?
    Or is there an alternative way to fix this problem..?

Don't know if this would be the problem, as it only started happening when i installed 2 Computer Games, witch i also purchased while at the computer shop..

I've tried Google, and i've also had a quick search through the Forums, So could someone please help me...

thanks in advance

Stacy...

You say you can't perform any netstat commands, why not? Do you get an error, does it crash the system when you type netstat and hit return, or what? More data please.

Also, you say "MS-DOS mode". Does that mean typing in command or cmd at the start/run box or are you literally trying to reboot XP in ms-dos mode like 98 used to do?

Just tried it on my roommates comp... works fine.

Just in case your problem is that it simply doesn't exist, here it is.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Banned
    Jeffs.
    When i try the command netstat it comes up with bad command or file name..
    no when i'm in Wind0ws, i go to the command prompt. And it says c:\windows etc etc
    so i type cd..
    until it gets back to c:\
    then i type the following
    c:\netstat -a

then it comes up with bad command or file name..

cheers
    stacy..

Oh, well, netstat should be located in your %systemroot%\system32 directory. You are running Xp professional and not XP home right? if you have netstat in your system32 directory, and when you type netstat it says bad command or file name, your path might be messed up. You can check it by typing set at a command prompt and looking for the path variable. if you need to add system32 then just type set path=%path%;c:\windows\system32 (assuming your xp install is in the c:\windows directory) and then try it.

Heres a windows version of netstat.

Free windows netstat

Banned
    Ok thanks jeff.
    Just tried what you suggested and it turned out that you are right some how my path's got scr*w*d up...
    just tried it and i'm happy to report that i can now proudly use netstat -a and -r, -n etc..
    And striek thanks for the file, i have put it onto a floppy and i will be storing it just in case it happens again..

cheers
    stacy....

edit
    {and also thank you Mark Boyle.}
    Will also store that file as well..

thankyou everyone for the quick and efficient help.