Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman knocked unconscious by trampling shoppers

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Woman knocked unconscious by trampling shoppers

From cnn.com:

Patricia VanLester had her eye on a $29 DVD player, but when the siren blared at 6 a.m. Friday announcing the start to the post-Thanksgiving sale, the 41-year-old was knocked to the ground by the frenzy of shoppers behind her.

"She got pushed down, and they walked over her like a herd of elephants," said VanLester's sister, Linda Ellzey. "I told them, 'Stop stepping on my sister! She's on the ground!"'

Ellzey said some shoppers tried to help VanLester, and one employee helped Ellzey reach her sister, but most people just continued their rush for deals.
    Ok. This is just sad. I mean, come on. It was a freakin' DVD player. Those people should be ashamed of themselves. Geez. Whatever happened to simple common courtesy, politeness, etc.?

Sigh.

I've been doing more and more avoiding of shopping in malls because of the rudeness and pushiness of others. People seem to forget that there are other people there who are just as important as they are.

Society blows sometimes..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Think shopping with them is bad? Try serving them :P

Being a 'checkout chick' sucks.

Ohhhh.. I was wondering what that was I stepped on.. it did feel kind of lumpy.

yeah the local "wal-dud" mart had that dvd player.. but by the time I got there they'd been sold out for hours.. heh.. at least she got hers.. shouldn't of bothered even venturing outside my house..

Was it a carousel?......................just curious

a carousel? no, it was an apex ad-1130 that was listed.. apex doesn't even show it on their site, closest one is the 1110 listed here .

heh.. I see them new for $9.99 on ebay.

me AND that lady would of been better off shopping on line..

(oops, sorry MsM for leading this topic astray.. I find humour in the wierdest places)

See, not it is my job as a man to stay out of malls, and stores to the very last possible moment. lol

To avoid being trampled by these beasts a.k.a WOMEN. lol
    =

oh gawd..I've really done it now.. see ? I've degraded the thread so much that cheyenne has come in.. now it'll be all downhill from here..

MsM.. your choice.. delete all our responses, lock the thread, or put up with humour in slightly bad taste..

Well I was watching a news story last night, and they were showing these women rushing into the Walmart Store. But there was this poor guy in the middle of it all. From what I saw, he was runnng to get out of the way.

I may only be 18, but when theres a sale going on, and women are you nearby, you might as well give it up and go home.

lol
    =

Reason #4672 that I don't shop the day after Thanksgiving. Head injuries.

hey deb.. please list numbers 1 - 4671

cheyenne.. yoooze only 18 ?

now what was the name that "sound of music song" ?

"I am 17 going on 18.. " la tee da tee da..