IE6/MozillaFireBird Download Rates

Thread: IE6/MozillaFireBird Download Rates

IE6/MozillaFireBird Download Rates

What feature in Mozilla Firebird allows you to get downloads speeds upto 3x faster than IE6? I went to www.LinuxISO.org to download a version of Red Hat and was getting max speeds of 50\85kbps. I tried downloading the same file with Mozilla and no lie, I was hitting close to 300kbps consistantly. May have dropped as low as 225, but never under 200.

Has anyone else noticed such differences? Can anyone explain the differences.

Linuxiso.com uses a lot of different sources. So clicking on the link once in IE will give you one server and when you switch to Mozilla it gives you another faster server. I would try it several times to see what results you end up getting.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Okay, yes these is some variables. However, I just hit BinRev.com and downloaded the latest episode of BinRev Radio and recieved a faster rate with Firebird than Explorer. I also jumped on OldSkoolPhreak.com and downloaded Radio Freek America and guess what. Same thing. Firebird gave me a faster rate. (Can anyone else verify these statistics?)

I just downloded Smoothwall, and I didn't get any better of a rate from firebird, thatn what I did with IE.

I'll try it with some other sources later, but so far I don't see any difference.
    =

I have noticed no differance in download speeds. If you want some crazy speeds get Download Accelerator. At first I was a sceptic, but after getting 20 kb/s with mozilla and then 700 kb/s with DA, well you can do the math.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Maybe I was just getting lucky with my connections under Mozilla Firebird.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I download at 200-300 kb/s with IE.
    -Simon \"SDK\"