Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password Generator

Password Generator

I wrote this Java applet for a class, I was hoping I could get some feedback, I think I want to continue it's development, either for others use, or just for programming experience. Its a password generator, but it's used to make passwords that are easier to type out, for lazy people. Give me some feedback if you feel like. Included in the .zip are a html, a .class, and a readme.

Elite Hacker
    How does it work? I chose a hand and clicked generate and nothing happened. I don't get it. And why no source?

edit
    I tried it in IE CXG and it didn't seem to work, it loaded but the generate button wouldn't do anything.

It worked in IE but not Mozilla for some reason.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Ahh, I forgot to say, you gotta type a number into that field on the right. That gives the length you want the password to be.

Also, that applet works on the computer I made it on, but not this computer. If theres any problems with it, maybe you have to have java installed, or i'm just a sucky programmer. Ive seen it work on other machines, though... so maybe its just not compatible.

Heres the source- check it out..

Has anyone had any success getting this to work? Any suggestions to improve it?

One suggestion: Make another box to input the password length. It confused me the first time.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Elite Hacker
    Works on my PC at home, for some reason it wouldn't work at school. Both i was using internet explorer. Also, the add security doesn't seem to do anything special. You should have it add any of these at random, @#$%&. All it seems to do is add an extra character. Still for what it is designed for, it seems to work. I don't know if I would use it but still a nice thing and a good example program for anyone looking to do something like this. Thank you for sharing.

great ideas- that add security thing was really just to fulfill a requirement on a rubric. I'm gonna change it to add the !@#$ like h3r3tic said, and maybe a copy to clipboard feature so a keylogger wont pick it up. Or would it? When you paste, does a keylogger pick up a cntrl v, or does it pick up cntrl v, plus what you are pasting? Whatever, its off subject. Thanks for the input!

It doesn't work on my computer at all.. I've tried through Netbeans and through Internet Explorer.. no idea why it doesn't work.. ?? What SDK did you use to make it?
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

now that I think of it, i installed java through a cd that came with my class's book. Would that do anything that could screw up compatibility? I use commandline javac to compile my programs. ???