Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Count

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Tutorial Count

As it stands right now, the Tutorial Count is based on the combined total of tutorials in both Non-Security Tutorials Forum and Security Tutorials Forum. One idea that I had suggested in a Bugs thread was to have two Tutorials Count for users who submit them.

What does everyone else think?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The code to handle this is essentially complete, so if the opinion is that the tutorials count should be split, it will take no time to implement.

That means the tech team has no problem with this, if it's decided that it should be changed

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

If it's that easy, I think it would be a great idea. But wouldn't the tuorials all need to be recounted again?
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

What do you mean by "recounted"? The system would merely have a count for the number of tuts in one forum that you did and the count in the other forum. It's actually kinda easy when you think about it. I just need to finish moving them over.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Oh. Silly me. I thought it would be more difficult than that.

If it's that simple then, I think it's an excellent idea. I even made a little image to propose how to display it.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

And all those red APs too? Hehe.. Ya. That's what I had envisioned as well.

Let me know when they've all been moved into the correct forum and I'll change to the new display.

- h

Done (finally!!).

If I can add a little more suggestion to this idea:

1) Can we have it changed to Tutorials Written? There was a comment by someone (in one of the old flame-war tutorials) that because it says posted people can post any tutorial, including those not written by them.

2) On the main page, it lists the Top Tutorials "Posters". Could that be changed to Top Security Tutorial Writers?

I made the requested changes to the tutorial writers listings, and separated out the security tutorials from other tutorials. Is there anything else that needs to be done for this?

- h

Don't think so.

Kewl.