AIM Help

Thread: AIM Help

AIM Help

Hey,

Sorry this is a little rushed, but a really good friend of mine is having trouble w/her aim account. Someone has hacked it and is now using her s/n and saying things to her friends and doing some pretty bad stuff. SO if you coudl help me help her, that would be great! She came to me but all i told her to do was if she coudl get back on, to change her password and that was all i could think of. If you guys could help, that would be wonderful. ASAP would be great! THx so much!

God bless!
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

Changng her password is about all she can do beyon contacting AOL.. and they probab;y won't do squat.

If the password has been changed, then assuming she filled out the email form with a valid address, she might still be able to reset the password if this person hasn't changed that already. If he/she has, then contacting AOL is about all that can be done.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

AIM has a tendency to allow old passwords to be used for a while. I've noticed that friends accounts allow me to logon with month old passwords. This goes for checking their e-mail as well. (They gave me permission.)

Try logging on with all of the old passwords if resetting it doesn't work. AIM may have changed this in the last few years, but AOL has never been that great about updating their databases, so the clearing out of old passwords (originally meant as a nice thing for the forgetful folk) may still be there.

Hope this helps.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Yeah, if the person changed her password and she still has access to the email account on which she registered the s/n, go to here and put her sn in...it should be sent to the email wit which she registered...good luck with it

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Banned
    She could always change her name slightly if you dont want to loose your "flavor"
    If I may .......Example T33GIRL/Stolen account
    Changed name T33GIRL2/New account
    She can do the rest by herself, like contacting all of her buddies and telling them to ignore the old account..............The only other option is to www.google.com

Banned
    If the password has been changed, then assuming she filled out the email form with a valid address, she might still be able to reset the password if this person hasn't changed that already.
    If he changed the e-mail adress she should be getting an e-mail to her "old e-mail address" asking to confirm the change. If she replies with OK the new e-mail adress will be valid, if she doesn't reply to the confirmation e-mail her old e-mail address won't change. Or vica-versa.
    BTW: Is this only an AIM account or is also an AOL account.

And tell her for future reference to save her buddy list frequently becauseof stuff like this, if she can't get her account back she can load the buddy list to the new account and contact her buddies with the new account.

Flash M0nkey
    you might want to think about how they got her password as well
    was she simply careless with it and someone who doesn't like her got hold of it?

or has someone managed to get themselves - i doubt they hacked AOl or anything more likly your friend - tell her to get a rojan scannner, anti-virus and a firewall :: disconnect scan everything clean out her system and instal the firewall - then change all other passwords she can still access like email, etc

if they has trojaned her or put a keylogger on her comp they could have alot more than just her AIM password

v_Ln

Banned
    Yes kpaz21 tell us some more about this good friend of yours. And how this all came to be Im intrested also.