Thread: MSN-Hotmail Finally doing something . . .

MSN-Hotmail Finally doing something . . .

Hi
    I don't know if you have noticed if you have an Hotmail account that the graphics have change, its been updated and something that i got really suprices is this messege that i got from an infected email that i received

Sent : Monday, December 1, 2003 5:46 PM
    Subject : Warning by Virus W32/Mapson

| | Inbox

Hotmail has permanently blocked the following potentially unsafe attachment(s): NSPCLEAN.exe (242 KB) More Info...

It seems the guys at Hotmail are finally working, or at less thats what they are pretending to make us think..

I say this because alot of people that don't have AV and receive this kind of email even if they don't know were it came from they open it. Because it comes from an email they know or just to see whats in there.

Cheers to all.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    they probably just sent you that message to make you think they are working.... and then when a real virus comes through and infects your computer, you will think you are safe and then WHAM system screwed
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

LOL probably youre right, maybe its a conspiracy to make us all the Hotmail,MSn users that we are safe.

/me crawls under his desk grabing a 9mm yelling get away from me you worms ! ! ! ! !

I got a few different messages like that...I am looking for a way to change the look though, I really think there is to much going on it looks so overly done..

I assume you know the sender of that email and that the message text was altered when a virus was detected?

Otherwise, it is likely a spam message designed to lure users into a false sense of security for an upcoming virus attack. Make sure you check the message headers and be sure it's coming from who it says it is.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

when i getr another one i would post a pic so that you see what im talking about

If you don't like Hotmail's web-based interface, you can access it in Outlook/Express and maybe other mail clients that support getting mail via HTTP. Of course if you do that you'd better disable the HTML Preview and not click any executables you get in the mail since I don't think that falls into the virus scanner of hotmail...

Interesting note on this, I read in my news paper a hint that there will soon be something about Hotmail/MSN and Outlook Express. Like a possible lawsuit? I'm not exactly sure though. BTW, Hotmail access via Outlook Express is considered a "beta-service" and has been that way for about 2 years now... I use it though and am happy to avoid the interface of the website. I might look at it sometime though, but right now there is no need.