Thread: Windows 2003 Upgrade Advisor

AO French Antique News Whore

Windows 2003 Upgrade Advisor

I know Microsoft release a Upgrade Advisor for Windows XP that check for hardware compatibility. I'm looking for an Upgrade Advisor for Windows 2003. My search on google didn't gave alot of info...

Will Windows XP Upgrade Advisor will do the trick? How do other sys admin check their hardware is compatible before upgrading the server os?

Thank you!

Edit : Windows XP Upgrade Advisor won't run a on server. Any tips?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I have the Win2003 install disc, and on it when I open it straight in Windows (an already-installed version of it, not at boot) it comes up with an autorun program. This program, I believe, is the one that you're looking for that checks for hardware compatibility. Try putting your disk into an existing Windows OS with autorun on and see if anything good happens.

Problem is I don't have a CD of Windows 2003 yet.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Oh, well that could be a problem.

What do you have, if you don't have the CD?

A huge Hp NetServer Lh3 who 6 years out dates but still do a good job as a file server. I know Windows 2000 will run on it. I was hoping to get all my server at Windows 2003 but I guest I'll have a domain controler in Windows 2003 and a file server in Windows 2000 and use my domain as a Native Windows 2000
    -Simon \"SDK\"