Power Plug and Copier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Plug and Copier

Power Plug and Copier

Hi everyone,

I just started a new job in an electronics place and they have a huge SHARP SF-9800 copier that they cant use. The problem is its power cord. The plug has 3 prongs. One of them is round, so i'm guessing its ground. The other two are facing differently . One is facing Horizontaly and the other verticaly. (Something like this: --- | ) Can you please tell me what type of plug this is? I'd really appreciate it if You could help me find an adapter for it. I've looked at different power plugs that are used accross the world but it doesn't show this one.

Thank you Very Much for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike

Move this thread to othere place like Antionline Genral Chit CHat , this part of the forum is totalk about things related to the site only(Antionline)

with 135 post you should know that

You might wish to consult this site: http://kropla.com/electric.htm
    The plug you are describing sounds like a speciality safety plug, and I don't believe there is any kind of adaptor for it.
    I just started a new job in an electronics place
    The place you work at should be able to rewire a simple AC power plug, without any problem. And that would be the best solution. (course I shouldn't have to mention, to check the specifications to see exactly what voltage, current, and hzs the machine needs....before rewiring.)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

/ AntiOnline: How Do I? or What Is?

Sorry to disturb your peace but could you please post only if you could help me. With 358 posts you should know better. Yes i'll pack my thread up, put it in the back of my truck and move it somewhere else. After all, I was only asking "WHAT IS that plug called"....either way...thank you for your concern.

Thanx moxnix. The place i'm working at only makes custom circuits for all kinds of companies such as hospitals and also some military ones.

Unfortunately there was no information about that particular plug in that server. I remember seeing the outlets on the wall for these plugs but never paid much attention to them. The company wants an adapter for it so they can plug it anywhere. They do not want to go through the trouble of changing the outlet on the wall.

Hi Cybr1d,

What is the capacity of the fuse in the plug?

Is it (the plug) a push-pull type or do you plug it in and screw up a locking ring.

Off the top of my head it sounds military or chemical/pharmaceutical.

Can you get a digital camera and post a picture for us?

Cheers

Johnno

That plug is different for a reason. Don't use an adapter, call an electrician. That plug is a 20 amp plug that needs a 20 amp circuit breaker at the panel vs. a 15 amp plug like most of our stuff. You could get an adapter but I am saying you will run a risk of causing an overload, especially when there are other itmes on the circuit. CHances are it feeds more than one outlet. Good luck

Assuming you are in the states of course.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Its 18 Amp, 125 Volt plug made by Yukita. It says YP-7 on the plug. Its a copier that the company took with them when they moved from one building to the other. The new location does not have an outlet for it.

You can get an electician to run a new ckt back to the box and save your ass headache in the future. You already stated the plug is rated at 18 amps, those normal American circuits only handle 15 amps max at safe levels.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.