Thread: MS-DOS, FTP, Telnet

MS-DOS, FTP, Telnet

I am having some doubts, I have been researching but I could not find so I will post here.
    Is there any way I can change my IP address in the DOS Shell?
    Is there any easier way (with out is scanners) to find out what is my Internet IP? ( I am in DHCP internal network Static IP)?
    And I am wondering what are the ways I can send e-mail from the dos shell?
    If you have the answers for these questions but they don’t apply to MS-DOS that is fine. I have Linux too.
    Thanks Profetas
    You are what you have conquered not what you have!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Is it a pure DOS shell or is it a command.com/command.exe through Windows 98/XP/2000 etc.?

If it's the latter then you should be able to run ipconfig /all. (this is to only show IP. AFAIK, it's not something you'd find in 6.x). This link might help.

In linux you can do this with ifconfig (this is to show and change the IP)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks I will Have a look in the link later.

The shell is cmd or Command (the new one)

Using Ipconfig it will show my internal IP for exemple if I am in a network
    it would show
    10.1.1.2 (but my internet IP is another one) wich I can find only using IPscan tools

How can I send my Network mate a file using the FTP?
    You are what you have conquered not what you have!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Is there a router or other network device that you connect to for going to the Internet? (I'm assuming that you have one network card on this machine and it's not directly connected to the internet)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Elite Hacker
    Originally posted here by profetas
    Thanks I will Have a look in the link later.

The shell is cmd or Command (the new one)

Using Ipconfig it will show my internal IP for exemple if I am in a network
    it would show
    10.1.1.2 (but my internet IP is another one) wich I can find only using IPscan tools

How can I send my Network mate a file using the FTP?
    To find your internet IP just go to www.ipchicken.com
    To send your mate a file with ftp one of you has to be running an ftp server. If you are just upload it to your server, give your mate the address and have him/her download it. If he/she has a server, you can just upload it to their server and have them download it from there. To do it with the command prompt type ftp. That should give you this prompt
    ftp>
    just type help and that should be all the info you need. As for another method. For now a solution if you are trying to send a picture or a .mp3 you can use my site. just go to http://24.243.64.239 and click on either upload a picture or upload a song. Then, once you upload it and it will go into either the music or gallery linked folder. Then just have your mate go to my site and right click on the file and do a save target as. There are probably programs to send email from the command line. If you have an smtp server on a computer just do a telnet to that address on port 25 and use this to help you figure out how to send the email. If you need anymore help just ask.