Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: zonealarm sucks

I'll try Syngate when I can download it. I am not bashing the other FW's, but I think ZA works very well if used as intended. If you have no idea what you are doing, it is pretty useless. As for it taking up memory, I suppose it does, but Windows and M$ apps in general eat lots of memory so that is not exactly any worse than any other M$ stuff you could be using.

-Cheers-

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Sygate is very easy to use, plus you can throw stuff like this into the rule sets:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.leonard1/pg_sygate.htm

????. I know that there is sth between u 2 but 000000 u can PM him not say it publicly. It would be better.

Don't be such a suck-ass G-binary!

Kissing ass gets you no-where!

I never had a problem with it. All I did was update as often as possible and that helped for me. I run on a windows 2000 Pro. unfortunetly my computer picked up a virus and crashed. My dad got really ticked because our computer has crashed at least 8 times before, so he went off the wall and now we have 3 virus scanners and a firewall. Talk about memory consumption (also a strong defense).

ZA sucks alot of memory

Yeah, but i think it's a great program.

Banned
    We all say it takes up too much memory but the reality is more recent programs will take up more memory, so we have to upgrade to like 1-2GB SD-RAM.You'll see in the future we'll have enough memory to run lik 2 games, photoshop and MacroMedia Dreamweaver at the same time and switch from to another instantly.

That's a nice dream ;P.
    Btw a friend of mine has an AMD 2800+ and DDR400 256 MB chipset nforce2 and while he's waiting for 5 sec at most to turn on the monitor the PC has already boot WinXP and w8 for password. When i saw it i was amazed by AMD. BUT here is the wired part. When he goes throught the Start Menu to Control Panel. He is expanding to see the icons. I timed it and i found that to show up all the icons(default ones) it takes 5.12 secs a bit more than loading the XP.
    But then i remember M$. ;P;P;P;P

Talking about ZA Pro they do have misc. service like ADs blocking capability, but i've some problems with that whenever going to vbb forums it will not load the profile link. Secondly, using ZA Pro when the icons on the desktop appeared you have to wait for the ZA icon for the taskbar to appear.

Some old news about firewall monitoring outbound traffic:
    http://keir.net/firehole.html
    http://news.com.com/2100-1001-275659.html

Nowadays firewall also came in with web ads blocking abilities like ZA, Outpost, NIS, Kerio.