Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: zonealarm sucks

Hi Val,

I have had ZA running 0n all of 98/98se/Me/2K/XP without problems.

One 98se box was a problem as it does not get on with McAfee 7 and one Me box would run it fine, but it always crashed on shutdown

Did you have your AV running when you did the install? remember that just killing AV from the system tray icon does not always terminate running programs.

Cheers

nihil nope no other progs running that could cause a conflict it just didn't like my sytem

::
    ::::
    as for my usew of the F word - the problems caused by zonealarm even after the uninstall made me think was a prob with my modem so was checking connections behind computer - do you know how many wires there are behind there oO
    plus all the other hassle so was a lil peeved to say the least - plus with it frequency of use and the fact it is now being included in many dictionaries the F word seems to be falling in severity - any kid over the age of 5 living in the majority of english speaking countries will have already been exposed to this word - and as you have to be 13yrs or over to join Antionline (it is illegal for companies to record details from children younger than this age...such as the signup form on AO) i dont feel am exposing anyone to anything they havn't heard or seen before

v_Ln

hahaha i was just givin u a hard time man, but i feel u about the cables and stuff sometimes it get overwhelming. i recommend taking it to the tallest building and throwing it off.
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.

im running win 98se too and i never had any problems with zone alarm - it has always run perfectly and performed well - no problems at all.

Yes Val, It is an odd one. This is the machine I had the shudown crashes with, yet if I manually closed ZA and then shut down, it worked fine. The Win98se box problem could be avoided by removing ZA from the boot sequence and starting it manually, then it and McAfee got on just fine (in all fairness McAfee spotted that Zone Alarm was there on installation, and warned me there would be problems...they just did not say how to get round it )

I have an old Digital PI/133 that will not load Win98, yet will load 98se quite happily, and the same is true of the other 200 or so that the Company bought at the same time. That has to be some sort of hardware/BIOS problem as they gave them to us without an OS on them.

As for your linguistic proclivities: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is an acronym describing activities proscribed in the Old Testament. If the word was good enough for the Puritans of New England, it should also be for AO?

The real word is "swive"............my apologies to those sensitive types with a knowledge of Middle Saxon (c700 A.D.)

Cheers

sound like a version versus distro prob check your version also zonealarm loves ram

I had a problem like that back in the days of 98. Now i got a newer version 4.5 i think running it works without a problem.
    Signature image is too tall!

ZA bocking everything even after being uninstalled is a long standing problem that I don't think has ever been fully fixed. There use to be a tool to clean up after ZA but last time I was at the zone labs site I was unable to find it. A quick way to spot this problem is to ping -t [comp ip] and reboot it, you will see about 10-15 pings get through while booting before the ghost of zone alarm kicks in and starts blocking.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

BIOS Bomber
    ZG= Zone Alarm Ghost.

PC=Personal Computer

ZA = Zone alarm

==========================
    PC: Oh no hackers!

ZA: Dont worry, I got it.

PC: thanks

ZA: no prob

ZA: Hey PC

PC: What?

ZA: Catch *boom from AK-47*

PC: Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Crash!

ZA: Buahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahaha

PC: Reboot

Pc: uninstall ZA

ZA: Youll pay for this! i will be back!

Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?

PC: www.website.com

ZG: BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PC: ****...

ZG: you not going ANYWHERE today!

Microsoft: HELP!!!! HELP TUX HELP!

Tux: you got to hell where you belong.

ZG: Lock and loaded!

ZG: Close everything.

ZG: stay resident and kill resources like any other virus.

PC: deltree C: *.* /y

ZG: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC: Boot from Linux CD.

And they all lived Hapilly ever after...Except Microsoft and Zone Alarm, who rotted in hell.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

hahaha great one man.
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.