Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: zonealarm sucks

Yes great one. I like this kind of dialogs.

I've been saying that from the get go about ZA but not just because of it *****ing up your system but because even if it does install correctly it gives you absolutely no protection from someone who knows a minimum about software firewalls.

ZA is a resource pig and at best it's swiss cheese. And the worst part about it is that the company won't admit and even better they won't fix it.

Use outpost or even sygate. I hear disconnecting a ZA protected machine is the only truly safe way of computing with it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

What do u think about NIS 2003??? I think it's very good. It has the same almost system of defence like ZA.

very nice way to say, DUMP THE ****ING WINDOWS AND MOVE TO SWEET DEVIL.

i used zonealarm (the free one) and later za pro on a 98se pc and had no problems with either one. haven't tried it on xp yet. i quit using it cause it is kind of a resource hog.

Ya damn right it sucks, but you forgot one thing val_fallen. You suck too!

Where is my shoe!

hey be nice. Ive used za for a long time and nvr had a problem. I think its an individual basis depending on config and setup.
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.

Damn that my boy!

go here:

www.sygate.com <---- sygate
    www.agnitum.com <---- outpost

Do what the elders have taught you and switch at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive also heard that blackice is good but ive never tried it.
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.

No (just an opinion after much reading) don't use blackice... it sucks! I like Sygate the best, even over outpost.

Outpost can be buggy at times.