Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AOL EMail Headers.... Need Help Please.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Soda: Thanks for that little "gem"

I found out today that the owners called in the FBI - and they seem to be interested...... Guess they caught all the terrorists.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

sounds awesome, this was an interesting thread

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Tiger, my guess would be that this perp would be into assisting others mess around with the company.

You could stick a post out in a suitable newsgroup similar to this:

CompanyX has just pissed me off big-time - I wanna get revenge.

Anyone know how to send an email to everyone in the company - I can then send all manner of offensive crap.

Reply to disposable dot address at madeupdomain.com.

Assuming the perp is on a mission against the company they will be searching the net on a regular basis for further info to assist them - they may not be able to resist the message.

SE works both ways!

Steve

Oh, don't forget to let the original company know what you are doing.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Steve: I did try a little social engineering myself. I sent two, (semi-anonymous), messages to the perp. The first was an "accusation" of sorts that "anyone can take a spreadsheet and alter certain numbers" in the hope that I would get a reply pointing me to the properties of the file. That would have done two things, i) pretty much rule out the person who last saved it as the perp, and ii) begun a conversation with the perp. The second was a somewhat agreeable, (complimented them on their "skill", spoke a little disagreeably about persons involved as if I knew them - trying the "empathy route"....), but at the same time left no doubt that I was tracking them and I know and understand what it is they are doing and "warning" them not to mess up "since it will mess up my fun and yours".....

I kind of threw a double "phish" in the second one.... trying to elicit a response either on the "professional" side, (a "catch me if you can" response), or on the fact that they seem to hate the players so much that my apparent dislike and knowledge of some of their charateristics would get a "Yeah, they are a$$holes" or "She's way worse than that, she did X to me" response. I got neither.....

I'm pretty sure he/she is smart enough not to read any responses and the content of the messages sent out implies that causing trouble is the only goal. It is working - two people have upped and quit and another two are bitching so hard that they are being warned to "shape up or ship out". In a company of some 20 employees that's a big hit to take all at once.......

I had thought of the transparent pixel idea Tedob came up with but I was going to run a few messages first without it if I could get a conversation going because the source could quite easily be read without triggering the trap and I wanted to get them comfortable with the fact that I was "chatting" rather than "trapping". I figured that if I could get their comfort level up, (with or without an actual conversation), then they may drop their guard and trigger a trap placed later..... Unfortunately, that will not occur now.......

Since the Feds have been brought in I have made a "tactical" withdrawal. I don't want to cross cyber-paths with some spook and hear their gentle knocking on my door at 3:00am... I told my friend this and told her to be up front with the Feds as to who I am, why I was "invited" to assist, what I had found and to feel free to have them contect me if they need more info..... I figure if they go digging it's better if they know I was there beforehand rather than suddenly discover my presence since I left tracks all over the proxy servers etc. while scanning and looking for open relays..... <s>
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well thats sucks that u dont get to chase him down but hey at least someone will catch the little punk.

As it was said before anyone reminded of cuckoos egg
    There is only 10 types of people who understand binary those who do and those who don\'t.

too bad and good at the same time. the fbi can do a better job with the resources they have.

if i were the perp i wouldnt read the mail but i might check to see if i was getting their goat. if i saw a title "how much do you want"...it would tempt me. i figure its somebody getting paid to do it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”