RedAtTacK framed? Or are we save from that mediaclown

Thread: RedAtTacK framed? Or are we save from that mediaclown

Senior since the 3 dot era

RedAtTacK framed? Or are we save from that mediaclown

Some news I wanted to share:
    People who follow the Belgian scene are probably aware of the recent conviction of RedatTack aka Frans Devaere for hacking several company sites. This Belgian so claimed 'hacker' is convicted, again. His sentence this time is one year provisional and 15.000 Euro fine. Not speaking about the almost 41.000 Euro he has to pay to the third party.

Now, there are reasons to believe that this person (although he's a mediaclown and nothing more than a very good skriptkiddie) got framed. The Belgian justice department convicted him cause they found traces of the attack on his box and he was convicted for similar facts before (hacking fortis bank Belgium and Belgacom, a Belgian ISP), also his website and pc contained several 'hackertools'. He claimed those are 'security auditing tools' and that the traces were placed by malicious persons who sent him a mail to go look at the site that was hacked.
    You have to know that after his first two 'attacks', where the Belgian scene believes that the first one was because of an unpatched cacheserver and the second because of inside help (social enginering) the Belgian law got very strict against computer crimes. Even a simple ping or scan could be seen as an attack and a defacement could cost you some provisional time. The Belgian scene blames this all to RedAtTack. In short he's hated, try the sites hit2000 or phreak.nl or hackers 4 hackers and you will see what I mean. Again, I'm also not very happy with RedAtTacK and all the media attention, but if he got framed it's a more or less 'innocent' man that got framed by very smart people because of the term abuse? RedAtTacK destroyed the whole image towards the Belgian population. Hat off to those smart people if they even exist? I don't know.
    Some sites make the comparison with JP.

Reason to believe RedAtTack got framed:
    Save us from RedAttack!!
    RedAttack must be stopped.
    Why?
    Well, RedAttack does his selfpromoting at the cost of the good name
    of all hackers.
    He has no binding or friends in the hackers world at all,
    but he makes statements about it without knowledge.
    Also he wants interference of the authorities for a field which is still
    free.
    He creates panic and even fear in our society, that is absolute unnessecary!
    His technical skills are so low, he did'nt get any further than photoshop.
    If he goes on like this,and profiles himself as a real hacker,
    he'll destroy more than he ever will be able to solve.
    RedAttack needs to get into the social-society aspects of information
    security, before he even can dream about being a guru.
    In the USA he would be imprisoned for a long time,our hopes are on the
    Belgium authorities to do tha very same thing.
    The world is not waiting for another mediaclown!
    RedAttack HAS to quit, or else #phreak.nl & #Hit2000 will help him do so!
    If you want to join us; place this message somewhere around Belgium,
    and mail to acos@dutchtreat.org and hacked@attrition.org
    Or he made mistakes himself and got convicted?
    I agree he had to quit, but the current way seems a little dubious. In fact saying his conviction is dubious, is saying that the Belgian court has made a mistake, or not?

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    I agree VK, he's nothing more than a clown.

If he was a real hacker those traces on his box weren't found, and for what iI'm concerned they can put him away...

Then again i didn't know Belgian law got that strict.. VK can you give me some links on that ?

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Shrekkie I have posted that law into AO when some new Belgian junior member joined (el-half). Wait a sec I will search it for you.
    here it is:
    The thread:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...Belgian+IT+law

The Belgian ICT law in PDF (Dutch and French only, I'm sorry)
    http://www.antionline.com/attachment...&postid=637258

Hmm well if he really did make a good name for himself by sacrificing the [already ill-seen] image of a hacker, and the definitions included in that word, I guess if other hackers took him down, they acted out of a principle of preservation, if you will. The way I see it, as long as what he did wasn't bothering anybody... have fun! But when things get complicated - especially when it comes to hackers - you'd better be good at what you're doing, otherwise you'll get fried... deep-fried.
    /\\

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    VK, thats scary man.

IMO its good they set an example with RedAttack, but those laws are very strict indeed.

Thnx for the search.

I'll have to do my nmaps from work than ( <- Netherlands)
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Lol, those laws are indeed very strict.

The court needed some laws, cause the base they convicted the persons that 'cracked' the mailbox of the foreign affair ministry was 'steeling server electricity' ???? very cool and imaginative judge but not that efficient... the new law is 'a little sensitive' so to speak, so Belgians know what you are doing.

It is actually very funny, I run so many portscans and totally not stealthed, I run vulnerability scanners through my ISP's proxy against remote hosts, I do "almost break-ins" etc. (just to perform vulnerability assessments on hosts (without asking permission first))
    I "think" I have to be more careful in the future

Actually it's not easy to really realize your doing something illegal. It doesn't feel wrong at all...

The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

el-half -> go study for your exams ... AO is to addictive

my computer really has influences on my schoolresults, I come home from my exam put on my computer and before I know it it's like 3'o clock when I still have to begin...Heck school's easy man...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com