Thread: What program can i use..

What program can i use..

What program can i use to modify TCP/IP header and send out..
    how hacker spoof an IP address.. what program they use?
    i was wondering if we modify the IP header then when we send out the packet.. will the NIC modify it again.. if yes then it defeats the purpose.. can someone clear my doubt?
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

Download Knoppix-STD (Security Tools Distrobution) There you will find all the programs you need to start messing around with TCP/IP Headers, even some sniffers to show you what those headers have in them.

http://www.knoppix-std.org

As for hacking or spoofing an IP address. Try google, and remember that only adds another step in the path of finding you.

DeafLamb

Someone please correct me if i`m wrong but isn`t the whole idea of NetCat to be able to make completely custom TCP packets.
    I`ve never used it myself so sorry if i`m way off but just my 2cents.

a quick description of when and where things happen

http://gnumonks.org/ftp/pub/doc/packet-journey-2.4.html

I assume you are a linux user, considering your username

from there you could use the standard netfilter workings, etc, to do what it seems like you want to.

Also, if you are so inclined, enabling network testing in the kernel is a nice way to give yourself some VERY nice capabilities, but I suggest you read up on them thoroughly before using them.
    No, I\'m not interested in developing a powerful brain. All I\'m after is just a mediocre brain, something like the president of American Telephone and Telegraph Company.
    -- Alan Turing on the possibilities of a thinking
    machine, 1943.

Re: What program can i use..

Originally posted here by Penguin
    What program can i use to modify TCP/IP header and send out..
    how hacker spoof an IP address.. what program they use?
    i was wondering if we modify the IP header then when we send out the packet.. will the NIC modify it again.. if yes then it defeats the purpose.. can someone clear my doubt?
    1) HPING2
    2) Easy, they construct their own.
    3) Don't forget the OSI model, the NIC is on the datalink level, IP is on the network layer...at least in theory they do not talk to each other...If you spoof the source, just don't expect the packet to arrive back to you

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Re: Re: What program can i use..

Originally posted here by nebulus200
    1) HPING2
    2) Easy, they construct their own.
    3) Don't forget the OSI model, the NIC is on the datalink level, IP is on the network layer...at least in theory they do not talk to each other...If you spoof the source, just don't expect the packet to arrive back to you

/nebulus
    So, talking about the OSI model.. if a packet is to be send, the header of the IP is apended by the NIC fo OS? in anyway, will the NIC or OS modify the IP Address section b4 sending it off?
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz