Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my game server was owned

my game server was owned

how did some one take over my unreal tournament game server?...they came in and a bunch f numbers scrolled and then i got kicked and banned..why?...i am so pissed....GRRRRR!!!!.
    how do i keep this from happening again?

Thnx
    a confused and frutserated teen

One more thing ide also like awnsered....How des the goerment know that I(or you) are/am downloading music?....

Jeez
    You have had at least three handels and you still don't really understand anything do you.

On your first question more information would be needed, such as the system you were running it on, other applications that you have running, do you have a firewall? All this and more is essential information for answering a question such as yours. You have been around long enough, and asked enough questions to know that this information would be needed, so why didn't you provide it in the first place?

As to your second question they get your IP address from the file transfer (uploading or downloading music) and then cross refrence with your ISP to get your name.

On personall notes, these should be two diffrent threads as the topics are not related. Also the file sharing question I'm sure has been answered before, and If not there are plenty of articles on it, just google.

DeafLamb

now now ..be nice

rant

Yes, we do need a little more information, hell, we need a page of information with proper punctuation and maybe some correct spelling thrown in for good measure. It always baffles me how someone can ask a question and not even have the god damn common courtesy to proof-read and type the information about your question with a little more effort. Everyone is guilty from time to time with mistyping, but I'm not talking about replys here, I'm talking about questions.

/rant

By Deaflamb
    As to your second question they get your IP address from the file transfer (uploading or downloading music) and then cross refrence with your ISP to get your name.
    I have read some ISP's are not giving out personal information about specific IP#'s collected by certain agencies.

Charter Communications is the latest major ISP to take legal measures to prevent the Recording Industry Association of America from using subpoenas to reveal the identity of its Web users.

The rest of the story here
    http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/story/31788.html

why the hell did you hide the post?

One guess is that it contains language that may be offense to some. He is being courteous.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

Let's see, what OS, what version of the game, what mods you got running, what plug-ins... ah nevermind. I am bored already.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

BIOS Bomber

Re: my game server was owned

Originally posted here by AllYourBase
    how did some one take over my unreal tournament game server?

Maybe you should have tried securing it?

...they came in and a bunch f numbers scrolled and then i got kicked and banned..why?...i am so pissed....
    Speculate wildly about how you think it may have happened.

GRRRRR!!!!.
    Easy killer.

how do i keep this from happening again?
    Try securing the damned thing. go read a tutorial. We arent tech support.

a confused and frutserated teen
    Too easy, i'll be nice.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

How can they tell what your doing with your connection to another computer without sniffing the packets or intercepting them? Because with P2P. I connect to mass server. I find someone to download from, so I start transfer. A connection has been made from my computer to the other computer. I could be doing anything from playing a game to using a custom messanger program that I made.

-Cheers-