Reason why you should be careful on the Internet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason why you should be careful on the Internet

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Reason why you should be careful on the Internet

And more importantly be careful who you meet. I suspect that German members have read all about this on a regular basis but I just read about it in the Toronto Star's website.

A German computer expert confessed yesterday to killing and eating a willing victim, telling a shocked courtroom the experience was "like taking communion" in a religious service.

Armin Meiwes, 42, who lived in a former manor house in Rotenburg, some 35 kilometres southeast of this central German town, gave chilling testimony at the start of his murder trial about how his fantasy of finding someone to become "a part of me" turned real.

Meiwes, a poised, slender man wearing a dark suit and tie, described matter-of-factly how Bernd Juergen Brandes, 43, travelled from Berlin to visit him in March, 2001, after replying to an Internet ad seeking a young man for "slaughter and consumption."

In testimony so frank it drew gasps from the public gallery, Meiwes said he'd kept his victim's skull and plastic bags of flesh in his freezer. He ate about 20 kg of the flesh, defrosting it bit by bit.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

.............WHAT THE F@#*!!!!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

I used to say nothing surprises me anymore. The older I get, the more I realize that isn't true. I don't remember what used to be at the top of my "most messed up things I've ever heard list", but I think that took the spot.

Would that be considered an assisted suicide? Did the 'buffet to be" get a medical check up first? What if he had aids or something? You can never be careful who you eat these days.

And on a serious note, I'm going to go place my ad for "send me one million dollars, and I'll be your friend for a year." Hell, if that guy got hits with his ad, I figure there's got to be lots of lonely dot com millionaires out there too.

Good story Mittens, in a Stephen King kinda way.

Barf lounge, first door on the right.....

Token drunken Irish guy
    I just read about this guy in my paper, quite a shocking story to be honest, not sure how to react to it.

Wow. But you have to wonder about the legalities of trying a man who was fulfilling what sounds like a sexual fantasy of another person. Not that I'm defending his actions, I'm just saying that it sounds like the victim was just as sick and demented as the killer. I'm sure that will be used against the killer, that anyone willing to have this done to them isn't of the proper mental capability to make that kind of decision to end his own life, but at what point does the government have the right to step into the fantasies of it's people? If it was 2 consenting adults acting out what they considered something positive, then the government really has no room in it. I know it is far-fetched, but how far does it go from them being able to prosecute you for something like this to them being able to prosecute you for having violent sex? It's funny to me, on one hand we are changing our laws to be more liberal sexually, and on the other hand, prosecuting for this.

That being said, it is quite sick and sad, and not something I am condoning. How sad for the victims' family.

Also, thank god I'm not on that jury Just reading the story made me nauseous.

Banned
    Hmm dunno lol my sister told me about 2 guys being in love and one asked the other if he could kill him and eat him and he agreed...they were germans also...my sis told me that like 6 months ago lol, so I dunno if that is this story lol...honestly this didn't suprise me lol since my sis already told me something like that long time ago...wonder if thats the same 2 guys lol...or should I say 1 and 1/3 lol or something like that

Yeah, this happened in 2001, I've heard bits and pieces of it before...guess it's just now getting to trial?

Banned
    Hehe You right it sais march 2001 lol...why they wait so long for trial lo...did they wait on that guy to completely eat up the other leaving only the bones as evidence woot it is kinda sick isn't it

Ewww... That is just plain foul. I don't think I've ever read anything as sick as that.

I suppose I can use this to help me on my diet? Whenever I feel hungry, just read this story again?

Excuse me for a moment while I run to mens room to throw up my stomach liner.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

oh now that was really gross what a mental image phish