Thread: new laptop

new laptop

i am new to all of this and people keep telling me to partition a computer with linux. i only have 2 problems, i dont have any available comps to partition, so i want to purchase one but i have no idea whatkind of hardware i need. i do know that i want a laptop, but as cheap as possible. 2nd problem were can i get the newest version of linux? thnx in advance.

Elite Hacker
    If you have a cdburner, you can go to www.linuxiso.org and download whatever distro you want and burn it to cd-r. Make sure you follow their instructions on burning and checking md5sums. If you don't have a burner, www.linuxcd.org will burn the distro of your choice from the list that they have, then mail it to you. This costs money, but you are just paying for the cost of the cd-r, labor, and shipping. The laptop comes down to how much you are willing to pay. I'm sure you can get a fairly cheap quality laptop though. Good luck.

thanks h3r3tic for the website but all i need now is a computer to run linux on.i am willing to spend up to $1,500 but all i want in it would be a cd burner combo drive. i could care less about what brand it is as long as it has th e cd buner.