Faster downloads

Thread: Faster downloads

Faster downloads

who knows how to increase download speed without buying a new computer and/or changing internet connection? tell me how and/or where i can do this.

Elite Hacker
    I believe there are programs that do this. I think what they do is put like five different connections, maybe even more, on the same download and each one gets a different piece, which makes you download it faster. Just do a google search or a search at downloads.com for a download accelerator.

Banned
    first what connection do you use lol if you use dial-up its pretty simple to speed it up a bit and for dsl and cable you can use a tweak test and they would tell you what is wrong
    for the tweak test for DSL is http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks
    there are more things you could use if you use DSL...like I said I dun know wat your connection is....In the future give a bit more info lol

Originally posted here by h3r3tic
    I believe there are programs that do this. I think what they do is put like five different connections, maybe even more, on the same download and each one gets a different piece, which makes you download it faster. Just do a google search or a search at downloads.com for a download accelerator.
    Download Accelerator Plus

DjM

i use a dial-up connection

Banned
    I see...Well I did something a while back like 2 years ago lol i havent been using dial-up so plz correct me cause the is like 95% i might mess up lol
    Anyways go to the modem configuration and setup your modem and go to the advanced tab I have WinXp so then i click 'change defaul preferences' button..i think on WinME its there already...
    GENERAL TAB: anyways make sure the port speed is at the highest number posible which is 115200 and set the data protocol onto forced and set compression ennabled and the last one should be hardware
    ADVANCED TAB: data bits: 8, parity: none, stop bits: 1, modulation: standard
    I think this should help you out a bit if its not set so already...like those 2 up there said you can also use the Download Accelerator Plus found on Download.com...you should use this on only one file for the best results because it takes the data off it all at once from all places
    I'm not sure if I'm right so plz if someone knows better correct me...thats why I have you guys

Wait!!!!!!! Spyware!!!!!!!!!!

Get a anti-spyware! On this site, in tools! In my opinion, don't download those, 90% tend to have spyware. Who's bright idea was it to put spyware into this program, maybe because, it runs with you Internet connection.

Edit> You can get a lot here www.pcworld.com but like my opinion stated, didn't.
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Banned
    GENERAL TAB: anyways make sure the port speed is at the highest number posible which is 115200
    That's the speed your modem communicates with your computer not with the ISP.

i also use DAP, it is very good for download acceleration and also good beacuse you can pause downloads. The way it works is it downloads "pieces" of the program or whatever your downloading and with that increases the "speed". When it finishes a download it puts the pieces together.