IPv6 Question

Thread: IPv6 Question

IPv6 Question

I was wondering if anyone knows of some good web links, books, articles, or other kinds of sources relating to IPv6?

Reason I ask is that I'm working on a group paper and all of the info that we've found either contradicts some other source, is unclear to the point of not being able to understand what was discussed, or doesn't go into a whole lot of detail. On top of the paper, we also have to present our topic t the class and we'd all like to have a bit more understanding that what we currently have, which isn't much more than the basics.

If anyone knows of any sources relating to general IPv6 overview stuff, security in IPv6, autoconfiguration, or how the transition from v4 to v6 might go, please let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

alpha

Well, you really can't go wrong with the RFC's for IPv6.

There is quite possibly more detail than you could ever want to know.

Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6)

Well, I'll let you decide what is of value to you.

http://www.ipv6.ndhu.edu.tw/ipv6rfc/index.php?lan=en
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

the horses mouth http://www.ipv6.org/
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Thanks for the responses. I was a little skeptical of the RFC's at first, fearing they would be a bit *too* techie detailed for my level of understanding. But they're actually not too bad. I've already worked in some of RFC 2401 into my security section of the paper. Hopefully, I'll be able to work in another RFC or two.

Thanks again folks...

alpha