PS2 Netoworking?

Thread: PS2 Netoworking?

PS2 Netoworking?

Just a quick question guys. Me and a friend were gonna try to play Playstation 2 games against each other, but since we both only have dial up accounts, we were gonna just bring our two playstations together, and hook them up to a switch then have on host a game.

Now I've never done this before, and I searched google, but didn't find much.

So my question is, can you host a multiplayer game for Playstation 2 on the local network, without having to be connected to the internet? So that just us can play over the network?

If it can be done, then I can get everything else set up. Just needed to know if I can do that.

Thanks.
    =

yes but...

yes you can...but it depends on the game, i know that SoCom II has LAN game options, but i am not sure that all ps2 "online" games have lan capibilites...

yes but...

yes you can...but it depends on the game, i know that SoCom II has LAN game options, but i am not sure that all ps2 "online" games have lan capibilites...

Banned
    Why don't you Xbox? It's the only good thing Microsoft makes. Then you wouldn't have to deal with all this, just use xbox live. Sony is good untill it comes to gaming.