Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Fixed* Member List Disabled By Admin?

Member List Disabled By Admin?

Hey I'm just wondering what is up with the member list. I looked around and didn't see any posts. I know I'm getting on late in the day and might have missed something, but I'm just wondering. Why exactly or who exactly disabled the member list... "administrator" is kind of a loose term in this place. Or is it just me, maybe I did something to piss someone off and I am getting things taken away from me? Let me know... thanks

Your Mate,
    ~AciD

PS. If this is something stupid I will delete this thread...

[edit] well I would delete the thing if I wouldn't keep getting a "Could not find this page" error. Thanks Memory for the link, I am surprised I didn't find it! Must be my bad day for searching stuff or something?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Banned

I wonder if the members of the community will ever get and update on what the story is regarding this bug.
    I kinda liked the memberlist and also when you choose 'choose receipant' from a PM it does not work.

JupMed: Are you gonna fix this ? If you are not planning about fixing it (it has been around for quite some time now) you might as well kill the link to the 'member list' on the main page.

While I am at it, JP had a habbit of reporting back to the members when a bug had been fixed or needed more code review.
    Once a bug had been solved the thread would be closed. This is a habbit you might want to pick up.

noODle

<rant>You know I really don't give a rats as*if this has been discussud a hundred times before. This bug has NOT been fixed, I have found nothing even remotely related to JM trying to fix this or that they even know it is a problem. I have been a member here for quite some time now and have come to rely on this feature of AO. I have put up with the fact that they revoked my EARNED privledge of banner free surfing, I have put up with the fact that they will not give us a choice of what we want on the main page. I volunteer my experience here to help people with their problems, thereby supporting JM without any compensation what so ever! I have had quite a few friends sign up here as members and cannot even view their profiles unless I just happen to stumble on one of their posts. </rant>

Jupiter Media, are you going to fix this or has this been done deliberatly? Can you fix this or do you need to hire a REAL programmer that is compitent enought to figure out WTF is wrong?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

*raises his glass* cheers aeallison, I second that statement!
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

JUPITER MEDIA!!!
    ARE YOU LISTENING???

*starts rolling on the floor laughing* Jup Media *continues to roll and starts crying* listening *keeps rolling around holding stomic because of painful laughter*...

Oh good one, look how long these threads have been up. The only explination I have ever gotten was that there was some sort of "hole" in the software that people could exploit through this feature. Not that I know anything, but I took their word and thought it would be back up. Not thinking that I would still come to this site MONTHS later and it's still down. Along with other "problems" I've seen here and there. Oh well maybe in time something will happen and someone will give us a straight answer and not "beat around the bush"..

Your mate...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

Figures!

AciDriveHB have you noticed that we are the only subscribers to this thread? I think this might just be a thread that we can talk bad about Jupiter Media in since they don't seem to be interested in our thoughts and views. Do you have any more trash on JM? Let me know in this thread, and maybe if we can keep this thread at the top JM will eventually answer our question.

LOL yeah I know we are the only people subscribed to it, but I bet there are others out there reading it and laughing. We all know the truth behind the fact.

I don't really have anymore "trash" on JM, but who hasn't read the forum full of them (especially that one post basing them over and over where they actually did say something). There is good and bad with having JM. The bad part is that they are too "big" to really care about something that is working. If there is an issue with the site and they can take off a feature that truly isn't going to kill people, just bug them... I think they see that a good means with dealing with whatever the issue is. The less upkeep they have to do with AO, the less money is spent here and more can be spent elsewhere in the company for whatever reason. It's sad for those of us who were use to JP just coming online, seeing what's up, and trying to fix it as soon as he could. But this was his baby, and his alone.

Anyway, I like threads like this up because I think people just need to vent sometimes. If we weren't allowed to complain, then we wouldn't be here after stuff started pissing us off. Though with the simple issue of JM taking this long on a problem and having no results, they should start being interested in dealing with whatever the issue is that keeps us from using the "member list" feature of AO. Kind of makes the profiles useless if the only way to see them is to find a post a user is subscribed to and then click on their name.

hey I would be happy with a simple "we are trying to figure a solution out for the problem at hand will try to get it up ASAP". Rather than just simply telling me "Oh it's disabled because it has a problem with it and will be up Monday" and no results... that is the responce I have gotten before on problems like these.

Sincerely,
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

Intmon is on vacation this week. I tried to get a hold of him to find out to no avail. He should be back on Monday and he'll be able to answer this. I'm not quite sure about this matter although I do recall reading a similar post. We do hear you. Unfortunately there will always be people unhappy with the way things are. We are striving to make this a better site. If this is something that effects the community and it's fixable then I'm sure it will be fixed.