Thread: Humor/General chit chat

Humor/General chit chat

Hi all,

In the light of a recent debate in the Tech Humor forum about new (and old) users post whoring, I thought that maybe it is time managment decided to look into how posts are counted.

I propose that all posts made in the Tech Humor and General Chit Chat forums dont count towards the users overall post count. This would eliminate many useless threads and one line repys by newbies (and oldies) looking to boost their post count.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yes, that could be good, however many computer related questions are also asked in GCC so I don't think posts in GCC shouldn't be counted, however the idea of not counting Tech Humor posts can be good to stop post whores.
    BTW: I don't dislike postwhores, as long as they also post useful stuff, it only becomes a pain in the ass if someone only posts "useless" things...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Banned
    I feel the same way, i mean sure i post whore but mostly in "the non-sensical" thread, otherwise i don't reply if i don't know what im talking about. I think we should stop counting posts and threads in Tech Humor. Very nice suggestion.

Well, post whores do concern me. What will we do about it?

We should make the AP's in the Tech Humor section be Nuetral, like the little clear gif you get when you are a newbie. I think they should count, however, in the GCC because there are computer related discussions there that just don't fit into other catagories.

i agree with zigzag on the grey dot for tech humour its nice to still recieve the msg without it effecting ap status - as for the post count it def needs looked at

i can't say am not a post wh0re as am prolly one of the worst on the site
    but really what does post counts mean?? they dont do anything cept push up your member status and give access to addicts - perhaps a better idea is to review the staus levels - make it linked to length of time at site, post count, ap status
    and the addicts much the same

v_Ln

Originally posted here by zigzag_8336
    We should make the AP's in the Tech Humor section be Nuetral, like the little clear gif you get when you are a newbie. I think they should count, however, in the GCC because there are computer related discussions there that just don't fit into other catagories.
    The moderators will have to be quick at moving items out, or people will use this as a method to flame, harrass, and pretty much cause havok on AO.