do they make it?

Thread: do they make it?

do they make it?

Was wondering if anyone knows of a reverse wireless access point (no idea what it would be called). What i need is something to recive a signal from a wireless router then split it 4 ways. So really what it is would be a router with no input just got its input from a wireless signal....i doubt this is made, just thought i would ask...

Elite Hacker

Re: do they make it?

Originally posted here by acp26b
    Was wondering if anyone knows of a reverse wireless access point (no idea what it would be called). What i need is something to recive a signal from a wireless router then split it 4 ways. So really what it is would be a router with no input just got its input from a wireless signal....i doubt this is made, just thought i would ask...
    I don't understand. If you are using wireless then it can be split many ways. The only way I see it would be a problem is taking a wireless signal and turning it into 4 different wired access points. I don't know if that has been done, but your best bet is google for that. If you are using wireless all the way, you should be able to get quite a few different ip's from your access point, as much as are allowed by the dhcp assignment.