Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IIS 500-100 ASP error..

IIS 500-100 ASP error..

Hi there ppl.

I have a serious problem to me here, i have Win XP Pro instaled in this machine, im the admistrator and i have IIS instaled for a year, so far without problems.
    The thing is that a few time ago iv started working on ASP code, and when i whant it to work on the server, it doesnt. Even the "http://localhost" doesnt work, nothing.

The XP has all the microsoft updates of security and all others has well, iv searched the microsoft database and nothing they say resolved my problem.
    Another "thing" is that i have 20Gb of data stored at the moment in wich i cant make a backup yet, so therefore i cant re-install windows right now :\

I whanted to solve this problem without re-installing windows, my guess is that ( for i have made all kind of changes to the IIS console, all microsoft advises etc..re-installed it..u name it ) and after done that i guess that the problem is with windows, with the updates ( that is my guess..i may be completly rong here.. ).
    So, my question now is: Can i resolve this problem without re-installing windows, and with the latest updates on XP installed? Is the problem caused by those updates?

I would really apreciate all kind of help, since iv tried the official ( Portuguese forum of microsoft, i´m portuguese ) and they haven´t gived me any awanser so far.

Hug´s to u all, Owmen
    Owmen

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Uninstall then reinstall IIS from the add/remove programs section of the control panel. You'll find it under windows components. It won't harm your data if it isn't in the Inetpub folder.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Have you tryed just using your IP address? I just looked at my IIS server at work and it will not access localhost eithier. (Might be because its hosting several sites) It will obviously find it by IP address.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Tiger Shark, iv re-installed it 5 times, iv tried it to work with asp, asp.NET pages with the default config, and with several modifications and nothing, CXGJarrod, i tried with my Ip and nothing, the thing is..the server runs HTML pages normaly, with Java etc..but it wont run asp..thats the problem :\
    Owmen

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Owmen: Dumb question, but it had to be asked..... Is the web server running? Can you see port 80 open?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You dont have Norton Antiviurs on the machine do you? (With the script blocking?)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

LoL yes the server is running, if i posted something here like this without all verifications made, it would be the same has getting laid, but without the girl...
    The port is 80, evrything "seams" to be normal, i run SSL Diagnostics and it seams ok..but..it shows the 500 error, has well has on the logs of the IIS..the error appears :\

I´m not running any firewall or anti-virus at the moment, iv disconnected them to see if they were the problem..i have an asp project to complete and test..and without this problem solved i cant go foward on it, any of u guys can run the "localhost" or "localstart" file with the default configuration?
    Owmen

hmmmm...with a default install of IIS on 2k I have no problems running ASP scripts. Is your default page set up correctly? Set to your default asp page. Do you have the XP firewall enabled?

Try to see if http://www.emuhx.pt.vu/ you can see anything..cuz i cant..i can only see it if i put it on a local name "c:\wwwroot\default.asp" like this i can see it, "http://localhost/default.asp" or "http://127.0.0.1/default.asp" or "http://213.22.131.242/default.asp" i cant see anything ... the windows firewall is down, but it wont work..either way :\
    Owmen

Nope, get the "Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance." message.

Does anything come up in the event log?