Roaming profiles and VPNs

Thread: Roaming profiles and VPNs

Lightbulb Roaming profiles and VPNs

Ive finally gotten the OK to do some major upgrades on or network at the office. Roaming profiles are going to be implemented. My question is this. If I am running a Windows 2000 VPN server and Im using roaming profiles, can a remote user get their profile over a vpn? In theory I think it should work but I've never tried it. Thanks
    -NeuTron

Banned
    As long as they are authenticating on the domain where the profile is stored it should work. It does on NT.

Banned
    Carefull though...if the profile becomes really large
    it could slow down yhe VPN connection.

GG

Originally posted here by SexyBadGirl
    As long as they are authenticating on the domain where the profile is stored it should work. It does on NT.
    Thats what I figured. Im starting to recall now that there is an option in VPN server setup to have users log into the domain. Thanks for the quick reply. Gypsygeek-you are definately right about the bandwidth issue but I've decided that it is still worth it even if it is going to be considerably slower.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Quick Note, if you use roaming profile, I hope you teach your user to save the document they work on a private share and not in My documents folder in the profile. That would help a lot the bandwidth.
    -Simon \"SDK\"