Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viruses that cannot be detected by any AntiVirus Software.

Banned

Viruses that cannot be detected by any AntiVirus Software.

Note:The information given on this page in intended solely for educational purposes and it is not intended,in one way or other to create any sort of damage.By reading the following information you have agreed not to use this information for any destructive purpose.However,the author or the publisher will not be held responsible in case of any sort of misuse.

Viruses that cannot be detected by Any Anti Virus Software!

Hi there.Some days back,there was a robbery at one of my friend's place.But luckily no one was hurt.However the theif did manage to take some jewellery away.They reported in the police and the police did lots of research trying to find who was responsible for that.They found many suspicious people but they couldn't find proof against anyone.My friend's neighbour,lets cal him Mr.X,he was very co-operative with the police.He gave police lots of useful information.Also,he was very helpful and supportive to my friend's whole family.He even remain up 3 whole nights to guard my friend's place.Whenever I'd see him,I was like,Oh I wish I could have a neighbour like that.But guess what,a few days back the jewellery stolen was found in Mr X's cupboard.And he was arrested.And now whenever I think about him,I feel like saying "Oh I wish I could never have a neighbour like that!"

So what's the point of telling all that to you?Well,I want you to focus on one thing.Mr.X was the real culprit,but he remained infront of the eyes of everyone and no one thought he was a theif.In other words,no one could detect that he was a theif.

There are also certain viruses that cannot be detected by any anti virus program.Viruses that can cause heaps of damage to your computer but still no one can detect that they are the real culprit.

Introduction

Visual Basic!

Have you heard of Visual Basic?Visual Basic is a computer programming language.Its used to creare useful software.It can also be used to create games,screensavers,and lots of more things.In this article,I could use the example of any programming language but actually Visual Basic is the easiest one that could be used in this article.Also its my favourite language(programming...language).Now Visual Basic has certain commands that are used to do something with files.Some open files,some write to files,some create files,and some delete files.Now,here's where the game begins!

The "Kill" command

The command which is used to delete the files is called the Kill command.What this command does,is that it deletes the file(s) which it is instructed to delete.For the ones not familiar with Visual Basic,it works like this:
    Kill("C:\abc\abc.txt")
    What's happening here is that the file abc.txt found in the folder C:\Abc is being deleted.Any file can be deleted using the above statement in Visual Basic.For example.if we want to delete file xyz.txt found in C:\Xyz then we will use the following statement:
    Kill("C:\xyz\xyz.txt")

Wildcards!

Wildcards are names of file extensions written between *s.For example,the following:
    *.txt*

is the wildcard of text files.Wildcards can be used to select only those files who have a certain file extension.For example,the above wildcard will select only the text files.Wildcards can be used with the kill command to delete files having a certain extension.For example:

kill("C:\abc\*.txt*")

will delete only the text files from the folder C:\abc.
    The part 2 of this report will be posted soon.However if you wish to read the part 2 right now then visit:
    http://www.virustimes.cjb.net/anti/part2_.html

Banned

Talking

hey guys,sorry I put the wrong link for the part 2 of my free tutorial in the above post.The correct link is:
    http://www.virustimes.cjb.net/anti/part2.html
    Pleae visit this page if you wish to read the part 2 right now.
    Thanks.
    Ali.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Link doesn't work for part 2.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Anybody else see something fishy here.

Cheers:
    DjM

Besides poor site layout design and that perhaps the tut is a method of getting visitors to their site?

Oh.. and the proper URL is http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~digitald/index.html ..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Besides poor site layout design and that perhaps the tut is a method of getting visitors to their site?

Oh.. and the proper URL is http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~digitald/index.html ..
    Then why do I have to enter an e-mail address to get part 2? Why doesn't he just post it? He wouldn't be collecting (cough spam cough) e-mail address by chance?

Cheers:
    DjM

Ah.. I didn't even see that... hehe... good point.

Just put in a "dumdum" address. In fact, the continuation is not much longer and is just the wildcards onwards. http://virustimes.cjb.net/anti/membersonly.html <--- enjoy.

T3h Ch3F

Besides that

Who posts a tutorial as their first post? That is what made me suspicious. Not even a hello? rofl.

I noticed the E-Mail prompt as well.......................... Not a good sign.

P:

Damn MsMittens what If im the poor bastard who chose dumdum@hotmail.com as my account name? hehe Imagine the spam in that mailbox?
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Odd tutorial to say the least. Of course proper heuristics settings can usually detect VB scripts (compiled or not) that attempt to delete files.

I smell spam, and it's not my cooking...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

I'm not going to let it eat my Email. Oh well, the point is that was a pretty stupid tutorial or whatever you would like to call it. Most anybody can right destructive progs in VB, but the fact is writing a whole tutorial about the potential abuse of a function that deletes stuff is like restating restating restating the same same same thing a ton ton ton of times times times. Also, I have a feeling it would be detected by any decent AV rather quickly, also, you would notice missing files, especially if your HD just lost 20 lbs, er, gig. I'm gonna neg you even if my AP are worth nothing.

-Cheers-

PS: AV scanners dont say oh, that is in VB must be trustworthy; and oh god that is c++, must be virus.