google changed their algorithm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google changed their algorithm?

Question google changed their algorithm?

hey peeps, my boss found this from someone on the internet and i want to verify it. i cant find anything in google or in any site. is this true? i think not. please help

Unfortunately, Google changed their algorithm about 2 weeks ago that resulted in most real estate agents that were on the first page in Google searches to almost disappear from Google. When users search now, they get links to national sites and directories. There are lots of discussions going on in Search Engine Optimization groups as everyone has been hit with this latest algorithm change (the businesses with ecommerce sites are really hit for this Xmas season)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...tweakage_x.htm
    http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=46836

Oddly enough, I used google to find it.

They have definately changed it. I've noticed that some searches are bringing up sites that have zippo to do with the topic.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

As far as I'm aware, Google have been constantly tweaking their algorithm ever since they started, and continue to do so.

Some changes temporarily upset the results, but all in all, the general trend is towards better results.

Google staff find sites which unfairly gain high rankings, or unfair low rankings, and modify the algorithms to weight them better.

In particular, when they find someone doing anything which could be considered to be "cheating", they will modify the algorithms to rank them much lower, to discourage such practices in future. Therefore, I recommend that in order to get your site highly ranked, you ensure that it is relevant, has current content, and is linked to and from relevant non-fake sites.

Otherwise, trying to break the system, might give short term gains, but will ultimately cause your site to go down in rankings when they discover your attempted cheating.

Slarty

hey thanks. i need eyeglasses now i think. tsk.

Banned
    Go to Google and type in the words "miserable failure" and then click the "I'm feeling lucky" button.
    Jehny (or however you spell it) posted this in Tech Humor. It takes you to George W. Bush's Biography.

But neither the words "miserable", nor "failure" appear on that page.

Methinks it was programmed to to this as an easter egg type thing. Fun for a laugh though.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Banned
    You are right Striek, Go to my newest thread. Show thread

I applaud google for doing this. I am tired of seaching for somthing and having some ad company return as the first few links just because they put every word that they can think of in their meta.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Banned
    Go to Google and type in the words "miserable failure" and then click the "I'm feeling lucky" button.
    Another good one is to type in the words "french victories" and press Im feeling lucky.

Banned
    Thanks but I allready knew that Abtronic, read my thread "google knows all part 2" to learn all about it.