Pcnet

Thread: Pcnet

Pcnet

I have someone port scanning my computer with pcnet and udp protocol can someone please explain. I am running zone alarm pro

Banned
    Perhaps you could post the entire log file here? Thanks.

Elite Hacker

Re: Pcnet

Originally posted here by AB984x4
    I have someone port scanning my computer with pcnet and udp protocol can someone please explain. I am running zone alarm pro
    I'm assuming pcnet is a scanning tool. Your question is fine, it's the info provided that is the problem, we don't know what to explain. If they are scanning you repeatedly print out the logs and send it to the ISP corresponding to that IP. If it was just once or twice don't worry too much. Just make sure you have ZA configured to block everything that you don't want coming in. And if you have a webserver for example, you would obviously allow that traffic, just make sure that your webserver has all the latest patches. If you are looking for a bit more security you may want to look into an IDS such as snort.

Im pretty new at networking. I have a program that is running inside of a network that needs to run 24\7, everyone on the network knows this program needs to run but their are people that want to see this program fail. So they have accessed the program through the network and made changes without anyones knowledge but the only thing i can find ip. and pcnet with udp protocols and there constantly scanning my ports.

Banned
    Right... ok... so, just post your logs man. You're being way, way too vague.

ive been sitting here for thirty mins, waiting to see if i can help and im beginning to think there should be a test users must take before they're allowed to receive alerts from firewalls.

AB984x4 the purpose of a scan is to see whats running on a computer....nobodys going to sit their all day and scan your computer once they know what ports are opened, unless of course they know they're getting your goat. a networked program is supposed to communicate with other computers on the network. your computer...even without you sitting there or that program running is communicating with other computers all day long (and night if you leave it on). tcp and udp are the protocals computers follow to do this. only the good lord and perhaps zonelabs know what a pcnet protocol is.

post you firewall's log already
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”