Thread: attempting something

attempting something

ive had two ideas running in my head. basically i want to setup an ftp server, but not. basically a user logs into a website and can browse different files. it would be easy for them to click on a link and then they can download, but what about if they can see the folder itself? also how should i setup a login page? the second idea was just something i thought of for fun, if i can setup a webserver at my house and access it behind computers with website blocking. basically i would tell it i want to access antionline.com the computer would get antionline.com and display, basically it accesses the site itself then displays it.

For starters, I just want to say that it is difficult to read your questions. But here we go anyway. For your fist question you could use apache ( http://www.apache.org ). Find a tutorail about modifying the ? htttp.config ? file. I believe that is the name of the configuration file. Set up your server so a user can browse a directory (turned of by default I believe). This would enable a user to view EVERYTHING inside a web directory, including subdirectories. The user can then browse the contents of your files and download what they like. As for logging in apache can also be set up to password verify anyone logging on to the web server, again find a tutorial on Apache and it should be fairly easy.

You second question I can not understand at all what you are trying to do, sorry.

Please try to ask your questions more clearly, and use complete sentences. It goes a long way in clarity. If it is a language barrier I do apologize, but considering your from the states I doubt this is the case.

DeafLamb

hmmm.. maybe he's talking about using IFrames for the second question ?

If so.. look at FallenZen's tutorial on IFrames..

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=251617

or google about it..

I think he's trying to setup a proxy/cache for the second question -
    ...behind computers with website blocking
    something like anonymizer? I'm not an expert, but I think you should be able to use something like Squid ()http://www.squid-cache.org/ . But, I'm not an expert on it, hence I'm not in a position to recommend anything (Squid is used just as an example). Either that, or you could just sign up at anonymizer.com/

Have a look on Google for "Proxy Cache"
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

haha sorry. ok this is how it would work:
    computer-----X----(blocked website)

obviously wont work since a proxy or software is setup to not allow acces to that website.
    however on my computer i have access to whatever i want:

computer------my computer-------(blocked website)

ill have my computer access the site and send it to the computer that originally couldnt get to it.

is there a way i can set this up?

also i would like that option of a user being able to upload files