View Poll Results: Should there be a same sex marraige amendment?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, against same sex marraige

8 24.24%
  • Yes, for same sex marraige

14 42.42%
  • No, it should be left alone

9 27.27%
  • It should be left up to the states

2 6.06%

Thread: Hmm..is it a good idea...

Hmm..is it a good idea...

Hmm..is it a good idea to post your picture in the members profile area? I for one believe it is a stupid idea. Please don't neg me for this. I am not in any form trying to get people to remove they're picture. I just believe that posting your real picture there is exposing yourself to the internet. To people who you don't know. To poeple who could possible use your pic towards they're own advantge. I for one was questioning whether or not I would post my picture. I thought to myself if I im on a security site trying to stay anonymous then, why would I post my picture in result exposing who I am. This could very well be me being paranoid, but in the end this could very well be me protecting myself.

Please give me your thoughts and feelings on this and remember to vote my poll.

Thanx
    The oNe and only,
    BlUEWOLF
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Well the way I look at it blue_wolf, is if someone wants to know who I am, not seeing my picture anywhere won't stop them. If they want something, they will find a way.

Thats just my point of veiw.
    =

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's a personal preference thing. I don't think it's good or bad. People can find out information about you regardless of what you post. As an example, a show on CBC (IIRC) did a piece on Internet Security. And the security consultant they were talking to mentioned how he got some friends to gain as much information on him as possible. Now this guy didn't have even an email address (this was in the late 90s). They found about 2 inches thick of information on him including getting originals of birth certificates, degrees, credit card info, etc.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it's your word that you are who you are claiming to be. Nothing is proven that the picture you upload is in fact you. There are countless stories of geeks meeting other geeks rather than the "models" they talked to online via cyberchat.

I go further because I think there is a benefit to helping people and if people see me (at a conference, meeting, class, etc.) then I can also help them in person. Is there a risk? Sure there. But there is just a risk as me getting attack when I do solo long distance cycling and camp out at a provincial park.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I think it's a little paranoid to be afraid to post your picture on the net. As MsMittens said, nothing can prove it's even me. Anayone looking for serious info on me wouldn't even take it as me. And it's certainly not the most dangerous thing I've ever don. I mean, hitchhiking alone, running rapids 300 miles from any roads, hell , just driving to school every morning is more dangerous that that.

I post my picture so people can have some idea of who they're taling to if they want to. We are all human,. and it's a lot easier to remember someone when you can put a face to the name.

And if I ever happen to run into anyone on this board in person, I might actually recognize them. That doesn't mean I will try to kill them.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

I put a lot of time and effort into posting so i make sure that my picture is real , being a two legged dog isn't easy you know , typing is very tricky and time consuming. http://www.antionline.com/member.php...&userid=153656
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
    http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/k...2&byte=2534203

The best defense is a good offense. The potential evil-doer has very good
    reason to fear. The redneck vigilantes might catch up with him.
    The most feared people in the world have their image advertised
    as much as possible.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I don't have my picture posted either, at least not in my profile. But in about 20 seconds of looking at my profile, you could find my picture. Then again, it is also posted in a couple threads.

Be kind of a waste to try and hide what I look like, and then go visit 1/2 dozen different people from this site.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

My pic is on quite a few places. I don't think it's much of an issue. I get more bugged about people taken mah pic when I don't want them to, then they can "use your pic towards they're own advantge", not like it would harm anything though. Case in point my name is Dustin, one of my friends has a little freeSite she plays w/ at http://moxygecko.tripod.com/gotmoxy/index.html , there are atleast two other peoples' pics on that site named Dustin. You could prolly guess which one is me by my profile, but then again, maybe not. . .I had long hair until recentlyand only shave my whole face about every other week, so I alternate b/w a goat, beard and baby face. Heh heh, biggest fear of a pic I think is someone stealin' your soul w. it!!!!
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.