Thread: Spot for MSN info?

Spot for MSN info?

I noticed on the profile page there is a place to put your AIM, Yahoo! messenger and ICQ contact info.

However, there is no place mor an MSN account, which is what most people are using these days. It would be a nice feature to have that available to us.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

I noticed this too, most other forums seem to have this option (e.g. phpBB) and I think it'd be a good idea. It wouldn't take that much effort, IIRC all you'd have to do is add a column to the users table and add the option to the registration/profile pages.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Antionline Herpetologist
    Hmmm.... maybe because in MSN Messenger, you use your email address as your sign-in name? And that this is a security site and all that.... I dunno.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

that's a good point cgkanchi.. except for the fact that YIM uses your email name as well..

Some people use different email addresses for antionline and MSN though. Admittedly a lot of people use their hotmail account for both, but I have separate addresses for both AntiOnline and MSN, both of which are different from my personal address, so I can figure out who is selling my email address to spammers.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

It's a bit more difficult than just adding the column to the DB .... there are also 10 or 12 files to edit so that the info would show up along w/the rest of your userdata, in the places where that stuff is displayed.

About email addresses as handles in MSN -- as long as the field is optional, it would be at a user's own discression whether they want that info displayed or not.

But I'll keep this suggestion in mind. If you don't hear anything from me about it in a week or 2, bump this thread and remind me about it.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

This is done. I tried to add this new field to all the places where the other messenger service info is displayed. If I've overlooked anything, please let me know.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Thank you.

We really do appreciate all the work you do here.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!