Thread: One more VB question, and im on my way.

One more VB question, and im on my way.

Will someone please help me out with disabling keys? I cant figure this out for ANYTHING. Im 14, so please be patient with me, I'd like to disable the Alt + Cntrl + Del keys in my Visual Basic Program.

P.s. Im open to all links to good tutorial sites for VB.

Yer making it sound more and more like a malicious program, disable ctrl+alt+delete, delete files, start-up on boot.....

Anyways a simple search in google - Keywords: Disabling Ctrl+ALT+DELETE in Visual Basic - brough up a plenthora of results.

http://www.codeguru.com/vb/articles/2358.shtml
    http://www.1perlstreet.com/URLSEO/vb/scripts/ShowCode!asp/txtCodeId!49575/lngWid!1/anyname.htm
    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1249

you can find more yourself.

FINISHED!!!

I've finished my program!!! Its titled "Click Click Boom". FInally. Its not malicious, its a parent keeper-outter. It runs on startup, and asks for password, if user hits "alt" or "ctrl," it auto-deletes every file contained within a certain folder. If they click "cancel" same thing. And if they type the wrong password, same. On correct password entry, it just closes and lets you to your desktop. THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER VB PROGRAM! Its pretty neat, ive been working all day to get an installer for it. I'd be glad to post it here, but from be4, i wouldnt want people flaming me thinking its a virus, so anyways, its attached, tell me what u think please!

edit: the file was too large to attach, contact me if you wish to check it out.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Post the source (just the .bas part) then.

So what you got in this folder then?

/me curious

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

nothing in particular, but i have many friends that have some "stuff" they would like to keep from their parents. Of course, my own home version on my other computer, deleted my history, recently opened files, etc. But they only get the first for now :-D

wait ejd1 that program sounds a little harsh....i mean what if your parent types in the wrong passsword or click cancel. Then they delete all you "secret" files right? i mean do you have them backed up somewhere so you can reload them when your parents leave? you might want to think about this, if i was an ******* and lived at your house i might try clicking cancel knowing that you will loose all of your information if i do. i dunno just something to think about
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

well, its mainly for "pic" files ::grins:: on my personal pc in my room, my parents never get on it, but just as extra precaution, if they get on it while im at school, (and miraculously get past the windows password) then when this program runs, they just click cancel, and i dont get caught. Orrrr.... if they have tried to log on, and they cant get past windows log in, they tell me to do it, ill just type in the wrong password, they will have no clue, and nothing to get caught with. Its nothing really IMPORTANT on there, just some files, that later on, i might want to go back through. :-D

out of my household

If I were your parents, you will be grounded 4ever!