Thread: My Sig keeps on deleting.

My Sig keeps on deleting.

I know that you're sig is only sopposed to apear on the first post of a thread but I just put it back and it is not showing up on any of my post's and I have to re-enter it.

I'm not one who uses sigs or cares much about them but I do know there are limits as to what you can have. Most likely you've gone past what's allowed, but for someone to help, perhaps you better include some details on what it is you're trying to put in..

I don't understand you're question. Maybe you misunderstood mine but I meant Sig as in signature.

yeah.. I understood you, I never really posed any question and that's what I was talking about.. your signature.. there are limits to it.. size number of characters, width.. whatever..

so the thing is.. what are you trying to use for your sig ? I'm only trying to help you post the details as you will be asked the same thing when mnstrgrl or others look at this thread.

I have had this sig for a long time so it's not a matter of size becouse I had it working before....it just now started doing this. Never the less my sig is
    If you think you're system is foolproof, you have overlooked the creativity of fools.

I think there is an option somewhere in your profile that says "always show my signature". I know it sounds a bit obvious, but have you selected that option?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Just as FYI, I know that mnstrgrl has indicated that there has been issues with a "disappearing template". Perhaps this is rearing it's ugly head?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

No, this shouldn't be a template problem. That problem only applies to stuff that hasn't worked since the upgrade, and obviously sigs have been working.

zigzag -- your sig is blank in the DB. I'm not sure how that would've happened, other than through something you did? Try to enter it again via the sigedit page and let me know what happens. List any error messages you see, and tell me what steps you use, i.e. whether you submit from a preview page or from the initial sigedit page, etc.

thanks
    - h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

My sig just disappeared again... I'll tell you what I can to help.

I had logged on at ~02:30 GMT and replied to a post here between 5 and 10 minutes later. When I was redirected back to the post, no signature was there.

It may have possibly disappeared before this, but I do not believe so. I had sent a few PM's back and forth about 5 or 6 hours earlier.

When I recreated the sig i first previewed it and then saved it from the preview page.

Will let you know if and when this happens again.

Hope this helps.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!