Thread: For Super Noobs like myself

For Super Noobs like myself

Greeting newbs if you are like me you have probably recently regestered and have been spending hours reading all the cool posts and tutorials. I have figured out one thing since i started exploring this forum; even though I am an Information Systems major and have taken classes on networking and c++, I had no idea I knew so little.

I really love this site(not just shameless a$$ kissing). If you are an extreme noob like myself its hard to find a place to begin since the is so much information. Something that helped me find a good place to learn the very basics was this website [URL=http://www.happyhacker.org/gtmhh/index.shtml]

If you are like me you have a basic computer running windows XP so its hard to understand how telnet works and stuff like that.
    I went to "How to Hack XP" and learned a great deal.
    after reading those I feel its alot easier to understand some of the tutorials on this website.

I have just uninstalled counterstrike which was an addiction I have had for the past 3 years so i know nothing. However, would like to fill my CS void with learning useful information. So if you are a supernoob and what to share any basic information, book reviews, or revelations post here and maybe we can help eachother out 'cause I need all the help I can get.

Thx

hi.. welcome to AO..

now if you've spent some time looking around you should of run into the fact that this section is for original tutorials ..

"If you've got an original tutorial and it's not security-related, it goes here."

I'm not trying to be rude but the only thing you've offered was a link.. and happyhacker.org is a site that has been posted hundreds of times here before..

we'd kind of like something of substance.. sorry, this doesn't belong in the tut section..
    other than that tho, I hope you do stick around and learn all you can..

cheers..

Oh yea no problem dude. Sorry 'bout the post

it's dudette.. and don't apologise to me.. it''ll be MsMittens that will have to move your post.

not a big deal and please don't take it badly.. AO can be a very strict place but if you like to read a lot you'll see all the specifics of what goes where and why..

good luck.. and again, welcome to AO..