Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: longtime low activity member asking for some vigilante help

Exclamation longtime low activity member asking for some vigilante help

Ok, personally i got outta this business years ago but my gf just got a hit. Her Zone Alarm reported the IP 172.135.84.242 i'm asking for someone to give me a trace on its source or just to place a general hit on its user. I don't care what you do to him, just wanna say that i don't believe in unjustified hacking, but i do believe in retribution.. Don't shoot to kill, but have fun with em.

never mind, [gloworange]cancel that hit[/gloworange] . situation's been changed

Banned
    That's an AOL IP address so it changes every time the user signs on. Also it's bad to ask someone to hack for you. The person (we) could land in jail, and also what did the IP do to your gf's computer? Or did ZoneAlarm just reported that someone with that IP is trying to connect?

i'm asking for someone to give me a trace on its source or just to place a general hit on its user
    XWHOIS on 172.135.84.242-

OrgName: America Online
    OrgID: AOL
    Address: 22000 AOL Way
    City: Dulles
    StateProv: VA
    PostalCode: 20166

NetRange: 172.128.0.0 - 172.191.255.255
    CIDR: 172.128.0.0/10
    NetName: AOL-172BLK
    NetHandle: NET-172-128-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-172-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: DAHA-01.NS.AOL.COM
    NameServer: DAHA-02.NS.AOL.COM
    NameServer: DAHA-07.NS.AOL.COM
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 2000-03-24
    Updated: 2003-08-08

TechHandle: AOL-NOC-ARIN
    TechName: America Online, Inc.
    TechPhone: +1-703-265-4670
    TechEmail: domains@aol.net

OrgAbuseHandle: AOL382-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-703-265-4670
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@aol.net

OrgNOCHandle: AOL236-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: NOC
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-703-265-4670
    OrgNOCEmail: noc@aol.net

OrgTechHandle: AOL-NOC-ARIN
    OrgTechName: America Online, Inc.
    OrgTechPhone: +1-703-265-4670
    OrgTechEmail: domains@aol.net

That's an AOL IP address so it changes every time the user signs on.
    If hes using AOL Broadband, doesnt his IP stay the same?

ok here it goes
    this site is not about helping people hack other people.
    that said there is no good reason to mess with the poor fool that has that IP becuse

1. They are an AOL user so how much could they realy know.
    2. The IP does not appear to be static.
    3. it was most likely used by somone else to attack lots of people not just your GF.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

Thanks a lot you guys. it was just reported by Z.A. and i've never used that before so i dunno what all it tells exactly. i just had her copy/paste the info to me, and yeah it is an AOL IP i know that. its just whoever behind that and a buncha other IPs has been mass attacking her in the past few minutes and really messing up her sys. as i said up top, i got outta all this years ago and my sys is so out of date i doubt it could do anything to help, so if you wanna do anything to the IPs here they are:

next time i'm over at her place i'll just clean up what damage was done. normally people get bored after a while but before they do too much damage when it comes to this stuff and its not like they're Sub7ing her so i'm not that worried.

Buddy, it was a dynamic ip...It changes every time.It was probably some skiddie bored at home running a ping sweeper or something...Just forget about it or call aol i don't know..But like the others said, 'if hes using aol, how much could he really know ?'...
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Originally posted here by PoSer
    ok here it goes
    this site is not about helping people hack other people.
    yeah agreed, but the site is just a structure. the people who use that structure don't necessarily use it for its intended purpose. do you honestly think that even 1/3 of the members on this site aren't just hackers?

Originally posted here by n01100110
    Buddy, it was a dynamic ip...It changes every time.It was probably some skiddie bored at home running a ping sweeper or something...Just forget about it...
    thats actually waht i intended on doing. just figured i'd post some IPs for some people to try some things out on. i'm not too concerned with all of this, its minor damage really.

Originally posted here by draco of shadow
    Thanks a lot you guys. it was just reported by Z.A. and i've never used that before so i dunno what all it tells exactly. i just had her copy/paste the info to me, and yeah it is an AOL IP i know that. its just whoever behind that and a buncha other IPs has been mass attacking her in the past few minutes and really messing up her sys. as i said up top, i got outta all this years ago and my sys is so out of date i doubt it could do anything to help, so if you wanna do anything to the IPs here they are:

next time i'm over at her place i'll just clean up what damage was done. normally people get bored after a while but before they do too much damage when it comes to this stuff and its not like they're Sub7ing her so i'm not that worried.

First off, ZoneAlarm is crap. Second, ever heard of a "false-positive"? Third, since you and your GF obviously don't know dick about what constitutes an "attack" what makes you think you've even got ZoneAlarm configured correctly?