Thread: Flood / IE bugg link from AO members?

Flood / IE bugg link from AO members?

Hello there,

I dont know if this is the good forum to ask about this but here it goes...

I was reading this post http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=251734

and while trying to press my middle mouse button to scroll down clicked by mistake on phishphreek80 penguins pictures which has a link on it to http://youarelame.com/flood/ with IE bugg exploit for freezing the computer (cd opening and lotsa windows...)

Wonder how this works for AO...

? What do you mean by "Wonder how this works for AO"?
    I can't really follow you...It's just something phishphreek80 uses as his signature, that has nothing to do with the antionline website itself??? *confused*
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's not a bug. It's the way that particular site works.

That said, I had to re-read your post to understand what you were referring to. You mean, should members be allowed to post this kind of thing. It's an annoyance but only if you use IE. So that might actually be a small percentage of the AO members. You're the first to complain about it and I know he's had it for a while.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yes that was my question - was it ok for users to have such links on their "posts", signature, etc.

And I agree is only an IE bug (or not, anyway, even the popupstopper cant kill all of them) - didnt see the statistics for browsers using on this site...

So i guess next time I come on AO i better use NS or links

Gonna try that.

PS
    I saw the same thing used for "you are not suppose to be here" in a site and that seems right to me.

While I respect phishphreek a lot.. I do think he should put a warning about it in his sig as well.. not all members (using IE) that come here will be patched up or have a popup stopper..

phish ? any comments ?

phish ? any comments ?
    It doesn't exploit anything. It just opens your CD drives and consumes all your system resources. I actually forgot that I put that in there.

Would people feel better if I removed it? Ah, I'll remove it anyway... its kinda dumb.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Leave the penguins at least.. I like them.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Leave the penguins at least.. I like them.
    I can't... Since I edited it... it says that the image is too tall...

Oh well.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Well, it seems you took it off, nice of you, btw I liked those penguins too Maybe you can pout them back, sorry if you lost them...

T3h Ch3F

Phish

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    It doesn't exploit anything. It just opens your CD drives and consumes all your system resources. I actually forgot that I put that in there.

Would people feel better if I removed it? Ah, I'll remove it anyway... its kinda dumb.

You are good ppl. I respect your attitude towards the thread!

P: man
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.