Anyone have Bellsouth? Weird email stuff

Thread: Anyone have Bellsouth? Weird email stuff

Anyone have Bellsouth? Weird email stuff

I have Bellsouth as my ISP (dial-up) and when I go to the home page(www.bellsouth.net), there is a link for email. When I click that link, about half the time it signs me in and loads my email inbox, no problem. The other half of the time, it tells me page cannot be displayed, and re-directs me to www.webmail.bellsouth.net. There doesn't seems to be any rhyme or reason to why it does this, I can empty my cookies, and it does it the same way. I can go one time, and it works fine, and go back 10 minutes later and it won't work. It doesn't really bother me, I just go to the webmail page now instead of the bellsouth homepage, but it's curious to me.

Don't know if it really makes a difference, but I'm running XP Pro.

When the homepage e-mail link works, does it log you into to the webmail.bellsouth.com server? The only thing I can think of with what you described could be a load-balancing or clustering issue with the Bellsouth homepage server. Or maybe its just your dial-up, Deb :P
    -NeuTron

Oh you just had to go to the dial-up issue didn't you?

It loads the same page, whether it loads from the bellsouth.net page, or the webmail.bellsouth.net.

I have/use bellsouth and haven't experienced any problems other than getting emails returned to me that I never sent that are not my username :/ (ie, (not real addr) my email would be pokey@bellsouth.net and I am getting return email errors for pokeythepig@bellsouth.net...).

Just checked and when I use it I am redirected to webmail.bellsouth.net. I would have to agree with Neutron though, sounds like you might be redirecting to a downed part of a webserver cluster....

/neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Thanks guys, like I said, not really a big problem, more of a curiousity. Thanks for you input Nebulous, since you use Bellsouth too