Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a new kind of forum

Banned
    How about a thread detailing how we should act to newbies, questions we should allow.

I would be willing to make a thread like that if you guys think its a good idea.

Just say the word.

I see what you're saying msmittens. I guess the only way around that would be if a few advanced users kind of checked in kind of as moderators. without the moderators it would be difficult to stop the trolls from posting. Hopefully, somebody would like to volunteer to check in on the forums from time to time. I think Ennis has a great idea with the thread.

Banned

Did it, have a peek.

Link.

Ok, so I'll throw this out, and I don't know if it's possible. Make it so anti-points are an earned benifit after , I dunno, 10 posts or so.... that way they have 10 posts to get an idea of what is expected. So we may have to deal with trolls for 10 posts, but if they continue to be pains, they will be negged out anyway....

I don't know if the coding would even allow for that....

Banned
    This is my idea: You can't assign AP's in the forum and that your post count doesn't increase after posting in that Forum. We should get a moderator in there ( to moderate that forum only ) to keep track of trolls and delete offensive threads and posts. I volunteer for being mod of that forum only. Or if todays moderators feel I shouldn't do that, that is fine, choose somebody like valhallen or Souleman who can be here often. I myself have internet access wherever i go so it would not be hard for me to moderate that forum . Just a thought.

Banned
    Well Memory I guess its really up to intmon etc. who would mod the forums though I reckon you'd be just as good a candadate as any other.

Banned
    Yeah that's what i said, i would be good because wherever i go i have internet access and can check the forum out. I wouldn't get mad if i wasn'y the mod it was just a suggestion, of course any other senior who is here frequently would be good.

I'd like to second that Motion to make Memory Moderator of that Forum and that Forum only..
    That way he would be the only person whom could assing Ap's, and just generally take care of that Forum..
    Anyhow i'm sure that others would agree to Memory being the person in charge of this..
    I know i would like to see him doing this, as he's someone that looks at both sides to the story, and will be able to make the right choice..
    Anyhow there's my 2 cents..

cheers
    Rtman

Banned
    Actually I would suggest Memory cannot assign AP's in that forum, that would be unfair.
    As a moderator he would not need AP's to control a forum.

Banned
    Actually I would suggest Memory cannot assign AP's in that forum, that would be unfair.
    As a moderator he would not need AP's to control a forum.
    I feel the same way, i would PM the person first and tell him that it's not appropriate, if he/she doesn't stop i would delete the Thread/post.