Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: port

port

Hi
    please can u tell me how i can block any port i want .... by the way i am using norton intrnet security professional but when i am making a security scan it says that i have an open ports....
    thx
    Remembered that if you are intending that hurts, steals, hates other people it is natural that they will meet you by the proverb.......
    wimmaster
    baghdad

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Which port(s) are open?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

use a firewall (bullguard, etc.)
    after installing it scan your computer with a port scanner. i use GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner 3. it shows what ports are open, shows other valuable information (network, uptime,windows,users etc.) and suggests how to solve those problems.
    for som\' **** from lithuania

thx Tiger Shark for reply ok here is the ports
    2002 TransScout
    3700 Portal of Doom
    21554 GirlFriend
    22222 Proziack
    and by the way when i make anothere security scan most of the times it give me another open ports .........

thx
    Remembered that if you are intending that hurts, steals, hates other people it is natural that they will meet you by the proverb.......
    wimmaster
    baghdad

thx ard but as i say i have an firewall and that is norton ......
    thx
    wimmaster
    baghdad

How are you doing the security scan? Is it from outside, (from a web site for example), or are you doing something like a Netstat from the computer itself?

If you are doing it from the outside then you have a bigger problem because those ports should be being blocked by the firewall, but they aren't which may imply that the firewall has been disabled or subverted.

Google for the Cleaner, install it, update it and run that. Tell it to get rid of anything it finds. then restart the computer and rescan it and tell us what you see.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

THx Tiger Shark i am doing the scan in symantec website .... i know that its a prob.
    can u give me the full link for the Google for the Cleaner....
    thx again
    wimmaster
    baghdad

It's here

ok Tiger Shark i9 download it update it .... there is nothing suspicios when i scan my system but can u tell me how i can do the security or port scan with it .......
    thx again
    wimmaster
    baghdad

Banned
    wimmaster > The Cleaner is a trojan-scanner, not a portscanner/portblocker. The reason TigerShark directed you to this utility, is to check your computer for trojans.

As for your problem with open ports, I'd suggest you delete all the firewall-rules in Norton, and add them again.