All thats needed for CS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All thats needed for CS

Flash M0nkey

All thats needed for CS

Ok there has been alot of talk about the AO counterstrike clan which is now taking donations for a dedicated server - either click here or speak to cheyenne

if you havn't heard anything about it check out these posts

about the server and donations
    AO Clan

ok now alot of people however aint too familiar with CS - thats not a prob everyone is welcome to join - seasoned veteran or newbie alike

but in order to play you will need :::

either Halflife or CS retail version - you do need legite copies of either of those games as to play online you will need a working CD Key!!

now depending on what you have either halflife or CS retail you will need one of the following as well

Retail upgrade (full)
    Retail upgrade (only to be used if you hae retail version 1.4)

if you have halflife not the retail version of counterstrike you will need one of the following

Full mod
    Upgrade (only if you all ready have 1.4 installed)

for those of you running it on linux you can get the Full version here or if you have 1.4 then the upgrade here

still not sure what version you need then try the wizard here

all links are form the Official counterstrike website

ok so you have it all set up and patched right up to version 1.5 - great

btw:: do not upgrade to 1.6 as we shall be playing CS 1.5 - 1.6 is still very buggy and 1.5 is the prefered version by most players

but you dont wanna jump right online and get wasted so what next?? well you can have a wee practice by getting POBbot - podbot is an AI bot system that works by the sue of waypoints and can be got here

simply install the bots (after you have everything patched up)
    then click on the desktop icon - now choose play CS >> lan game >> create and pick a map and set it up how you like
    the default key to bring down the bot menu is = (equals)

still having problems try here...Official FAQ
    CS 1.5 readme.txt
    you also might want to read the CS manual

for those of you who have never played the game before but have played a FPS before the biggest difference will prolly be the fact you must buy your weapons at the begging of each round as they do not spawn in the map - you can also pick them up from people who have been killed but you cannot carry more than one of each weapon (cept some grenades which you can't pick up anyways)

ok well that should be enough info to get everyone started will be putting full FAQ on clan site soon

v_Ln

Banned
    Just a question...im downloading CS 1.5 from the link you gave me but i dont have HL...
    Q1 do i need 2 buy HL
    Q2 do i need a cd-key for CS also or just the HL
    thanks

/Scriptkiddie

Flash M0nkey
    you need either
    a) Halflife
    b) Retail version of CS

and yes you need a CD key which will come with either of those - when you play online the cd key is authenticated so no cd key - no playing online

v_Ln

Ok, I have downloaded and installed all that is needed. I'm using version 1.5 as advised. I installed all 5 games and the updates. I know all I need is the CS game which I have installed. I even tried to download and unzip the maps and etc to the right directory.

Whenever I try to connect to a server, it will download the map and let me choose a team and etc. After about 30 sec. It puts me to console and just sits there....

Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried this on several servers... wheather quick start, or if I choose a server.

I've already done quite a few training sessions along with playing the regular games..
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Whenever I try to connect to a server, it will download the map and let me choose a team and etc. After about 30 sec. It puts me to console and just sits there....
    You probably got kicked from the server.

Originally posted here by Fatphantom
    You probably got kicked from the server.
    For every server that I connect to? I've tried at least 20 of em.

Mabye I'll just got back to MOHAA and CoD?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hmm.. Is it possible that you lagged out?

Go to serverspy.net - go search for a local server.. Type in "Cali" or "Hawaii".. Etc.

Flash M0nkey
    phise >> what does it say in the console?? does it give you any kind of error or anything? or does it just say downloading map??

v_Ln

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Ok, I have downloaded and installed all that is needed. I'm using version 1.5 as advised. I installed all 5 games and the updates. I know all I need is the CS game which I have installed. I even tried to download and unzip the maps and etc to the right directory.

Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried this on several servers... wheather quick start, or if I choose a server.

I've already done quite a few training sessions along with playing the regular games..

Or you get lagged or the most possible version is that the server is full and it just sits their. What you have to do from there is either join other server, or type retry after some secs to rejoin the server.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Try connecting to this server:

Michigan Burbs Counter-Strike 1.5
    Port: 27018

This will make sure that it is not the server end that is the problem.

xmad