Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hottest topic in the computer viruses industry

Banned
    Well,Nihil's idea is pretty good.But if I write a tutorial on this topic would be a highly technical one which a newbie user wouldn't be able to understand.However I'll consider the Honeypot one.
    thanks.
    Ali.

if you're going to write a tutorial on computer viruses and find out what's 'hot' and what's not I would suggest you try logging on websites that offer virus tutorial (there are lots of them). Well, how about a metamorphic/polymorphic worm with a keylogger and backdoor component? (As you see, this is old crap already. The technology/algorithm behind these programs are well known and well-documented.)
    Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.

I think the hottest topic in virus' right now is the complete lack of creativity...

All hese virus' do is spread and allow acces, how boring. What ever happened to "Your Computer Is Stoned" I don't think I would be the same person today without my machine telling me this...???

I think the hottest topic in virus' right now is the complete lack of creativity...

All hese virus' do is spread and allow acces, how boring. What ever happened to "Your Computer Is Stoned" I don't think I would be the same person today without my machine telling me this...???
    The point of writing viruses has changed. People now do it for a few reasons.
    1) Revenge
    2) Look Cool(skiddie)
    3) Corperate Espionage/Information Obtaining

-Cheers-

PS: The original viruses were written labs for the most part.

YES option two to look, COOL. I think stoned is the ckewlest virus I ever saw pissed my mother to no end. And I wouldn't want to kill that guy for annoyance becuase it has an amusement value.

I would find an exhaustive paper on Windows Root Kits to be valuable. The information is out there, but I have not found a consolidated reference that thoroughly touches on, tools for detection; how they hide, function, and communicate; integrated with traffic analysis at the packet level after sniffing the suspect stream.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Banned
    Hey guys.Well I decided that I should write an article on NTFS ADS viruses.And that's what I'm working at right now.I'll complete it soon and tell you about it.

ei hope you'll work with rootkits ... just like in the malware TROJ_SLANRET.A.

That malware is cool.

NTSF ADS streams

Just removed 10 ADS stream infected files from my machine. Found them with Diamond CS TDS3. Having a hard time finding any data on the beast. So far the best write up was at the TDS homepage.
    Sure would appreciate any links to the subject.