Thread: The Language of Unix

The Language of Unix

This question may be known by many, or maybe few, but all I knows is that I do not. What I am talking about is if anybody knows what computer language unix was written in, and if it was "open-source" how somebody would edit it. Thanks!

AFAIK, Unix was written in C. you would edit it by getting the source code and just editing it. i guess you could find the source code on google.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Open Source operating systems usually include their source code on one of the disks if you purchased it or as an additional download.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

For future reference, this doesn't belong in the Tutorial's forum, as it is a question and not a tutorial. No negs this time, just be more aware in the future.

::Grins:: Don't worry about it though. A lot of people put something in the wrong area when they first sign up.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Well like slick8790 said:
    AFAIK, Unix was written in C
    Yes Unix was written in C that's why a lot of people will tell you that Unix and C go hand-in- hand. Which of course makes a lot of sense.

If your interested in learning more about it click the link below:
    The Creation of the UNIX* Operating System
    http://www.bell-labs.com/history/unix/

It will give you a better understanding of how Unix was created and how it works...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam