Thread: Password Generator

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Password Generator

Hopefully you know enough not to use your last name, birthday, dog's name, etc. for your password. Odds are that your company enforces some sort of more complex password policy (or at least they should be).

If you have run out of ideas you can use this free online tool to generate passwords: Sprex Password Generator

It gives you three levels of complexity to choose from- Strong (upper and lower case), Ugly (upper and lower case and numbers) or Ugliest (upper and lower case as well as numbers and special characters). It will generate a list of 15 passwords of varying length for you to choose from.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if they aren't secretly maintaining a database of which passwords were dished out to which IP addresses so they can come back and try them later- but I thought it was sort of cool.

6284Limpturd_

Some of the words it generates are quite humerous. Alot of them would be fairly easy to remember and impossible to guess. The only thing I saw out of place was that it only put numbers in the first few columns.

Good find. Thank you.