some one hacking yahoo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: some one hacking yahoo?

some one hacking yahoo?

alright, my girl friend says that theres this guy IMing her on yahoo telling her to let him view her web cam or he'll kick her off yahoo, she tells him no and she gets kicked off moments later. yahoo keeps loging her out, do you think shes just messing around? or is the guy realy doing that? if he is how would we be able to stop him? Thanks
    ammon
    Share on Google+

Ok.for starters...did you see this happen, or is she telling you it happened? You said "or is she just messing around?"..I guess it doesn't really matter.

There are programs 1337 d00d5 can download that allow them to boot you off chat..... go to a different chatroom, change the yahoo password, get a different account...but not necessarily in that order.

EDIT: isnt IMing short for "instant messaging"? Not important, just an interesting observation.
    Share on Google+

Unfortunatly there's a lot of "Script-Kiddies" trolling Yahoo, and they make these stupid little programs that exploit some vulnebility in Yahoo, and it allows them to "Boot" people from yahoo..
    Now i understand that there are programs from Yahoo that once installed will stop these "skiddie-Toys" from working..
    Unfortunatly i do not know were you can download 'em from, the best bet would to be stop using Yahoo it's pretty lame, or just disconnect the
    Cam before loging into her account..
    That's just about all i could suggest, so hopefully she works out this problem and everything goes good.
    If not just get her to change her user name ,and don't have the cam connected anymore..

cheers
    creative
    Share on Google+

..You can report the guy to the Yahoo Abuse center

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/mesg/cgi_abuse
    Share on Google+

ok check it out... i am giving you a really good area to check out for being booted. it is avoidable but you have to know how you are being booted first. rather than tell you, i'll point you in the rite dirextion. go to http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26 . there you will find many helpful tips to avoid being booted. you'll need to update your word filters to block boot codes such as <html> Only go with this option if you intend to continue using Yahoo Messenger. Otherwise if you just want to chat, go with another client like YahElite or YmLite. both are very good and very unbootable. For YahElite go to http://www.badsyntax.com/deep/files/yahelite/ . As for YmLite just run a search for it and you'll find it. They have really neat features and functions that go beyond chatting as well. Enjoy and be safe
    You're just jealous that the voices talk to me!
    Share on Google+

btw.. that whole report abuse crap in yahoo... it's a waste of time. just lettin ya know they are useless individuals *yahoo staff*
    Share on Google+

Alright. I'm Ammons girlfriend, just to note.

I enlightened Ammon upon this issue, and he told me about the 'Report Abuse' thing.
    Very true, Cyrrius. Yahoo will not stop the booting by anyone, because they are simply lazy. My camera, when not in use, its either unplugged or faced down. So I've no worries.
    But the annoyance of being booted off of Yahoo every ten minutes isn't very pleasing.

Groovicus. You can believe me or not, for one thing I really don't care.
    Share on Google+

If you haven't been to http://sp3c13s.com, you should. This gives a perfect example of programming genious wrapped around a very mudane subject.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don\'t.
    Share on Google+

T3h Ch3F

Heheh

Originally posted here by Unf0rg1v3n
    Alright. I'm Ammons girlfriend, just to note.

I enlightened Ammon upon this issue, and he told me about the 'Report Abuse' thing.
    Very true, Cyrrius. Yahoo will not stop the booting by anyone, because they are simply lazy. My camera, when not in use, its either unplugged or faced down. So I've no worries.
    But the annoyance of being booted off of Yahoo every ten minutes isn't very pleasing.

Groovicus. You can believe me or not, for one thing I really don't care.

This is just too funny.

Why don't you guys get together and post as one?

You are using Yahoo!.....what do you expect?

Using the Web is much like Sex, wear a "Cyber Condom" otherwise face the bullshit. Get a firewall.........................................Blahblahblah.

www.google.com
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.
    Share on Google+

Now now Unf0rg1v3n..I asked if he was there so we could get some idea of what he saw that maybe would indicate what was happening when you got booted...but I was having difficulty undersanding what he was saying. But in the end it really doesn't matter, because there is only so much you can do anyway.

Clear?
    Share on Google+