Thread: Really need help Browser

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Really need help Browser

Hello members of antionline. I am having some promblems with my web browser. I am currently using Mozilla browser v. 1.2 the operating system is RedHat 9.0 on an old Gateway Pentium2 400mhz PC. Heres the promblem when I double click on my mozilla icon, it acts like its gonna load then the cursor changes I see a little box on my taskbar saying "starting mozilla for a couple of seconds then it disappears no reply, no error code nothing. I tried cold booting it. I RTFM. I never had any promblems before with it. I'm on an Ethernet Network at my house. Checked all cables, routers, firewalls,NICs,
    Anyone have any ideas would could have caused this? How can I fix this promblem?

Hmm, didnt use much Mozilla but sure there must be an error log, if not from the browser itself check your Xsession error log, maybe there was an exeption there... Good luck!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice. If you didnt use mozilla for linux which web browser did you use? I should have mentioned I am really new to RedHat. Do you know how I can open it from the shell prompt?

You should try upgrading, moz is at 1.5 now. Cconsidering your computer you may want to switch to mozilla-firebird as it is a lot faster. Also check if you have an instance of mozilla already running , if i remember right it used to do that when that was the case. The command top will show you running processes. To open it from a shell prompt type mozilla (if that does not work you need to put the full path ie /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots