Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security at Microsoft

Security at Microsoft

Well basically this article describes what Microsoft tries to do to "prevent malicious or unauthorized use of digital assets."
    Click --> "Security at Microsoft"
    This paper is intended for enterprise technical decision makers, security operations staff, and infrastructure engineering staff.
    But I think that some of you might find it to be a good read as I did.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

T3h Ch3F

Heheh

I found this part entertaining. heheh

OTG’s IT priorities are as follows:

- Be Microsoft’s first and best customer

- Provide intellectual leadership

- Set a coordinated IT strategy

- Run a world-class utility

If only Microsoft maintained the same philosophy.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

That was interesting. I love the language of business. I am proactively going to use global solutions to insert a quote that will be a whole new paradigm within AO.

Each month, Microsoft experiences approximately 100,000 intrusion attempts.
    Only 100,000?? We're not trying hard enough... LOL.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Yes the language of business is something that Billy is great with. Well I guess it doesn't really matter when your one of the richest guys in the world and can afford anything. But I love the wording in their documents very professional and deceiving at the same time. It's how can I put it : Social Engineering at its finest. Hey maybe they can create a new certificate MSCSSE [ Microsoft Certified Systems Social Engineer ].
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Hmm...I wonder if they'd use Kevin's book in the training course. They'd probably copy it, change a few words, mass-market it and then sue Kevin for ripping them off.

Or they'd do what they did with Apple. Buy all of the shares to Kevin's business, start re-selling it, insert their own products, and THEN sue Kevin for ripping them off.

:-)
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

I just tried to read the article, and my eye-balls were bleeding by the end of the first sentence.

Pro-active? WTF is Pro-active? Pro-active as opposed to con-active? Isn't that kind of pointless and redundant? Who's con-active? WHAT company has ever said "You know what...we're not going to do anything. Forget shipping our software. We're just....not gonna ship it."
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

SonofGalen that's why they do such a great job of exploiting the English language for their own means.

On a another thought I just hope that Linux doesn't end up going that way. Cause I am really looking forward to installing a Linux distro on a brand new computer. Even though I have to wait till June but I guess that I can survive a few more months of Bills Screen Of Death's.

Now whatever happened to Paul Allen ? I think that's his name the other guy who started MS with Bill. Anybody know ?

Quick Question ? What linux distro would you guys recommend for a starter ??
    Yes I know this question has been asked before but instead of restarting an old thread I thought of just adding it here instead ....
    Operation Cyberslam
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

They forgot the portion of that article where they kick anyone off of the Microsoft site even if they are just taking a picture. I went up there almost two years ago and wanted to take a picture next to the main MS flag and sign and they kicked me out. The security guard followed us off the MS site. Bastards. They have crazy security on the main MS site ever since that guy walked in and stole the Windows Xp source code.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

To answer your question, I would say SuSE. SuSE is very nice, an easy installation, and it supports RPMs. Some of the modifications its made to the GUI are very nice, the auto-update is great...everything. It also supports some Plug and Play devices, and it can read from a Windows partition, so you can get those files while you're booted into Linux.

And of course, the ever so bash-ful shell.

I personally use SuSE, and I haven't found it wanting yet.

Edit: BTW, call me Galen.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

Now whatever happened to Paul Allen ? I think that's his name the other guy who started MS with Bill. Anybody know ?
    He is spending his billions on brain research and other good causes....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)