Thread: high pitched sound from monitor

Question high pitched sound from monitor

Hi guys!

Has anyone encountered their monitor suddenly emitted a high-pitched sound then after a few minutes it went silent?

I have been experiencing this intermittent incident on the computer monitor (Princeton 15" monitor) that I bought some two years ago, for quite some time now. My computer wasn't running any diagnostic applications or any software that might cause to emit a high-pichted sound from the back of the monitor.

Any idea what might have caused it or better yet, any suggestion on how it I can resolve it other than waiting for it to tone down or go lower than the human ear could hear?

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

since it's intermittent it won't be related to what resolution/frequency you may be running it at.. as you can get this type of noise from "overdoing" what a monitor can handle. In your case, it's probably a faulty HV transformer.. the windings on these are laminated and due to heat/age/vibration parts of the laminatons have deteriorated.. in other words, you'd need to get a qualified service rep to fix it for you.. or buy a new new one as the cost of the transformer and paying someone to replace it will almost equal the cost of a new monitor..

for now, just give it a slight "whack" on the side to stop it.. don't "whack" it too hard.. LOL