Thread: Student Game: Killer Kode

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking Student Game: Killer Kode

Somewhere, in another thread, I mentioned how my students in my Network Gaming Administration course create games using PHP. One particular game stood out this year and the Dean has allowed me to invite those from outside to try it out.

The game is rated M (for Mature) and requires Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Flash (sorry, no netscape support). Definately turn on the speakers (but not too loud if you have cube neighbours).

The students filmed all the action shots, put it together and choose the appropriate music. It's simplistic in nature and very linear but it's good for a hoot.

Give a try to Killer Kode

[edit] One last note, be nice to the box please. This is not an abuse box. [/edit]

[edit #2] to register, visit here D'oh! [/edit]
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

This game is cool but I got stuck at the part where you get the email and have to decrypt it. Perhaps a button that gives you a hint could be put in. With a timer so you could only get one hint per 5 minutes or something.

Same here..nice untile then though..you say your class did it?..how long did it take?

Are you planning to make any more?

If you are..plzz let me know!

Thnx

Students were given 4 months to do it.

As for the puzzle, well, that requires a little bit of forethought and planning..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Will check it out when I get a chance to boot back in Win... but anyway, we're expecting more releases. As far as I've seen, it looks pretty neat so.. congrats to the team!
    /\\

Not a big deal with the e-mail, but I got to the part where you hack the Gill... I got to where you view the .mov but my screen went blank and... time ran out. So I lost all those many points . Is there an issue or was it just loading time or what?
    /\\

Dunno. Never saw that happen before. Did you finish the "hack" in time?

DAMNIT!...i cant do it..help plz?.....the damn email thing..what do i do?

Decrypt the message and type it in. It's a simple crypto message. Remember that there are common words in the english language like "the", "that", etc. Look for patterns.

but...cant you just tell me the awnser?..